VIP 211 to 622

preslb76

Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
I am relativly new to dish and when I signed on I got the VIP211. Now I am planning on upgrading to the 622 DVR. Do i need an installer to come out or is it as simple as plug in and go??

I am relativly new to dish and when I signed on I got the VIP211. Now I am planning on upgrading to the 622 DVR. Do i need an installer to come out or is it as simple as plug in and go??
You may not be able to upgrade for 12 months except to pay out of your pocket. Call DISH and get their input. 800-333-3474:)

I know I will have too pay for it, I just want to know if I can install it without help.
Again call DISH your 211 is a lease if you purchase a 622 as a replacement it is not a lease but you will void your lease agreement and be liable for a penalty. I have no idea about your technical ability so I can't comment on your ability to install a 622.:)

I bought my 622 and plugged it in place of an 811 and after activated it worked fine. I have a single lnb dish pointing at 61.5 and a dual lnb point at the 110/119. The HD tech support line guy did'nt want to activate it at first saying I need professional install but I told him I have signal from 3 sats and he went ahead and did the activation and all is well. So if your dish setup is like mine was then you can just plug it in and go.

For us to tell you if you can just swap them out, we need to know if it is the only reciever you have... and what LNB's/Switches you have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)