Vip 222 and 722 available when?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As soon as Dish gets customers enough angry with the current models. Many 622 owners are just about ready.:mad:

I may be mixing up models, but I think the 722 is exactly the same hardware and software as the 622, just having a larger hard-drive. It's versioned the same as the 622's software but tagged for the 722... Have to check P Smith's reports.

The 722 is the exact same model as the 622, with a larger hard drive, but the extra space is utilized for DISH VOD. Not worth it IMHO.

I may be mixing up models, but I think the 722 is exactly the same hardware and software as the 622, just having a larger hard-drive. It's versioned the same as the 622's software but tagged for the 722... Have to check P Smith's reports.

Hopefully it's more then that. They said on the tech chat the 722 would have a redesigned thru-hole hdmi connector. So, we'd be getting a different motherboard.

The 722 is the exact same model as the 622, with a larger hard drive, but the extra space is utilized for DISH VOD. Not worth it IMHO.

According to Scott's post here it is a little bit more. It's a 622 that with a bigger HDD, That has an updated decoder capable of Microsoft VC1 support for HD-VOD, and it is Black instead of Silver. I'm not sure if anything has changed since this was posted...

As reported on the tech chat, the vip722 will be available in August. The cost is reportedly $549.
Will it be offered for lease to current subscribers? And for the same upfront costs and requirements?

It will be cheaper than that at DishStore.NET when it come out.

Are any of you guys looking to buy MPEG4 receivers? If YES then possibly I could get Claude to drop the pricing on all MPEG4 products at DishStore for SatelliteGuys members.

Anyone interested? :D

It will be cheaper than that at DishStore.NET when it come out.

Are any of you guys looking to buy MPEG4 receivers? If YES then possibly I could get Claude to drop the pricing on all MPEG4 products at DishStore for SatelliteGuys members.

Anyone interested? :D

I might be interested. I don't know if I can DIU. I've only been back with E* since February.

I am considering exchanging my leased 942 for a 622, but maybe I should wait? Do you think if I wait until August I can get the same deal with a 722?

I am considering exchanging my leased 942 for a 622, but maybe I should wait? Do you think if I wait until August I can get the same deal with a 722?

That is a good question! (I like your nickname BTW)

I have a 622 and a 942. I am going to go for the 622 now for $49 (if I can eventually get the $100 dish-n-it up refund from them). From what I hear the 722 only has more space that won't be usable so why take a chance when you can get the 622 for free (or $49) now.

As I understand it, the current promotions end on August 15 and the 722 comes out on that day (or later based on Dish's past record).

That is a good question! (I like your nickname BTW)

I have a 622 and a 942. I am going to go for the 622 now for $49 (if I can eventually get the $100 dish-n-it up refund from them). From what I hear the 722 only has more space that won't be usable so why take a chance when you can get the 622 for free (or $49) now.

As I understand it, the current promotions end on August 15 and the 722 comes out on that day (or later based on Dish's past record).

How can I get the 622 for free or $49? My Dish n it up says $99 after bonus credit.

Thanks in advance!