VIP 222 Release Date

i was suprise that 222 has coaxial output for TV1.... you can mirror tv 1 in same line as tv2 output. and just have the diffrent channel number....

i am still trying to figure this out..... out trainer just told us about it... he is moron.

I don't see what the big deal is about the TV2 output on the 622 and 222 being SD only. 9 out of 10 customers have their tv's in different rooms or even different levels. a 6' HDMI cable is ~$100, I can't imagine how much a 30'+ cable would cost. If you want HD in 2 rooms you need two receivers.

I don't see what the big deal is about the TV2 output on the 622 and 222 being SD only. 9 out of 10 customers have their tv's in different rooms or even different levels. a 6' HDMI cable is ~$100, I can't imagine how much a 30'+ cable would cost. If you want HD in 2 rooms you need two receivers.

I sure hope you aren't paying $100 for a 6' HDMI cable. If so let me introduce you to a place called www.monoprice.com

As you can see a 6' HDMI is less than $5
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1024004&p_id=2412&seq=1&format=2&style=

I sure hope you aren't paying $100 for a 6' HDMI cable. If so let me introduce you to a place called www.monoprice.com

As you can see a 6' HDMI is less than $5
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1024004&p_id=2412&seq=1&format=2&style=

I knew the $100 for 6ft was way overpriced, I was just using that as an example of what you might find at best buy/radio shack. But I had no idea you could get them that cheap! They have a 100' HDMI for $105! In that case I'll take a HDTV feed on my TV2!:up

HDMI is not reliable at 100' without an amplifier, try 100'component with L/R audio.

I've heard several claims of this but haven't seen it in real life yet. I have a 100' run that I set up at my dad's house and a 75' run that I set up at a friends house and both work flawlessly. Has anyone personally seen a problem with long HDMI runs? Because I'm beginning to think that these "reliabilty problems" are something that could potentially happen, but don't really surface in real life.

If this "rumor" about the 211 or 222 being upgradeable to a DVR in the future is true, then it just may be time to decomission the old 508 - which I picked up for cheap at Dishstore.net about 3 years ago. Thanks again, Scott and Claude, it has been a great DVR, but it is just about time to move on. The TV it is connected to is HD and all we have been able to watch on it so far is SD. We have a 622 on the main set now but can't justify getting another one for the bedroom.

As an aside, it would be AWESOME if the new version of the PocketDish could also read external HDs that were recorded on by a home DVR. It could be the centerpiece of a mobile DVR solution if connected to a vehicle-mounted video unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)