VIP 622: Acquiring Satellite Signal LOCKED!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I just turned on my 622 and saw that all satellite channels are black and I get a the Acquiring Satellite Signal. First I saw that it was checking 61.5 and going through some transponders. Then it did the 110 and it is still there without going through the 5 position of the "0 of 5". It just stucked. I rebooted the box but no luck. What's next? anyone?

Try disconnecting the coax into the box and do a check switch to clear it completely. Then unplug the receiver and plug the coax in and power it back up, hopefully that helps. Let us know.

well i did the unplug the power since that was and nothing happened. Same message. I will try disconnecting the coax tomorrow.

Just for the heck of it, I decided to check my 211 upstairs and it has the same damn screened. I am not very familiar with the dishpro equipment but under the switch category on the 'switch screen' it says DPPTWIN. I haven't seen the connection that was on the roof. Do you think that something went bad with the setup on the roof?

It is only two receivers a 211 and 622. The check switch has 61.5, 110 and 119 all in the ok but when check individual satellite strength I get nothing.

It's got to be the internal switch in the DPPTwin.

At first glance I thought maybe the dish(es) were moved out of alignment but you said they're on the roof. Really big bird landed on them? But if that were the case the check switch would report no signal. Since both receivers have same symptoms I'd say the switch has probably flaked.

"It's got to be the internal switch in the DPPTwin."

I agree. Disconnect the satellite feed on both receivers to cut the power to the LNB, wait a minute or so and connect them back. Run check switch. Hopefully it will reset the DPP Twin.

I am back.

technician was here and fixed it. It was water in the connection that was left loosed. She thought it was the switch at first but it was not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)