ViP 622 DishStore timeline

SpenceJT

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Madison, WI
I'm creating this thread as a distraction to those of us patiently waiting for the arrival of our 622's. Hopefully it will give us an idea of when a 622 was ordered and when it was received.

If it has yet to be recieved, it will provide us with a vague idea of where we sit on the waiting list.

If it was ordered and received, it will demonstrate some sort of timeline which could work toward formulating a rough eta.

Keep in mind, it's not going to be all that accurate as I'm sure many Dish Store orderees won't see this post or participate, but I beleive there are enough of us reading, where we can fill in the holes, connect the dots and come away with some idea of how long we'll be waiting.

...or as stated in an earlier thread, it will provide us with needed diversion to take our minds off how long we've waited. The fine folks at Dish Store are doing what they can with what they are given. lets be courtious. If this turns into a flame thread, I'll be the first to suggest that it be killed.

Given that, I'll start.

Order date 2/20/2006
Order Status as of 3/23/2006 - Processing

Hey Claude,

Nobody here is mad at you. If you read my first post, I'm just offering up an excercise (in futility) as a diversion and a possible way of guestimating where we are on the waiting list.

We know, you can only do what you can do and we know you (as a buisness) want to serve us as quickly and efficiently as you are able.

It's not a flame thread.

...that being said, please don't bump my order to the back of the list for starting this post. ;)

Let me first say that Claude and DishStore do a great job. I order all my dish equipment from him whether it is a remote or a dish or a switch or receiver. I even won a 508 from DishStore on a Charlie Chat ... Chat, and I never win anything. There are at least two and perhaps more local retailers here in town and I usually have to tell them what the latest Dish equipment and/or offer is. My orders through Dishstore are always quickly filled and shipped (when in stock :) ) . I know that with Dish Networks history of trickling out product that Claude is having trouble getting product. I can wait, it is "TV" after all. :)

Ordered 2/13/2006
Processing 03/23/2006

Claude is VERY passionate about providing the best service from DishStore.NET. I personally know he was on the phone for HOURS yesterday screaming at people because he is having trouble getting 622's.

He wants to get them out to everyone as quickly as possible and its really hard for him to do when they are only sending him 2 at a time.

Truth be told I want you to get your stuff from DishStore.NET because each and every purchase made a portion of the profits helps to keep SatelliteGuys.US online. DishStore.NET is our only sponsor where they don't pay us a flat monthly fee, and instead our income is based on sales of the store.

There is a reason why I decided to do this with Claude and thats because I know his passion and drive to provide DishStore.NET customers the very best.

I do hope everyone gets their 622's soon. :)

Ok, I just got off the phone with Dish. I should have enough coming in the next 2 days to cover all orders up to 2/17/2006

Won't say how many I actually got coming till I verify the order with DISH. But if you got a pre-order, expect an email from us today once I get ship notification from DISH.

I don't think this thread was started to bad mouth dishstore in any way.I have spent alot of money there in the past and probably will in the future and been very happy.It's also not that everyone can't wait, but I kinda like Spence was just wondering how far down the list we are. Processing orders the first week of Feb. don't really say much except we could still be one to two months away at getting ours at the rate of 2 per week.

Claude Greiner said:
Ok, I just got off the phone with Dish. I should have enough coming in the next 2 days to cover all orders up to 2/17/2006

Won't say how many I actually got coming till I verify the order with DISH. But if you got a pre-order, expect an email from us today once I get ship notification from DISH.

Hey thats great Claude, I was in the middle of posting and came back and saw this.I'm the 2/17 so maybe I'm on the list, if not well maybe next week.

If your customers are telling you that they have a problem with your customer service, then you need to address the issue. Who am I talking about - Dish Network, Dish Store, or Direct TV? You pick. As was discussed in another thread, good companies do make mistakes, have problems, etc.. but work with the customer to inform them as to how they will be resolved. I'm sure that Claude could ask his customers how he could better communicate status that would help the situation. I also do not expect Claude to send hardware out that he doesn't have.
I will be ordering a VIP211 after my VIP622 is installed and I am leaning towards DishStore. I believe that good companies should be rewarded. I hope the communication issue get resolved.

I ordered one from the dishstore the first day they had the preorder on the web site. I received it last month... Ordered 1/17 shipped 2/22. Not bad considering Dish did not even release it till the middle of February. I ordered a second one on 3/2. At the rate Claude seems to be shipping, I speculate it could be shipped by the end of the month. I bet most of the backlog orders happened before 2/17, and the wait time for 622s is dropping fast. All those that were going to bite the bullet and order one and not lease have probably done so by now.

Claude/Scott cannot really say much about the preorder list since they do not want the competition to be able to judge how big the back order list is, and how many they were able to fulfill. A lot of people jump on every preorder list they can and see which comes in first and cancell, others seeing it get close to 4/1/06 decide to lease instead.

My personal prediction is that the waiting lists for 622s probably will be gone the first week of April. Then the speculation will be how long people have to wait for the leased units from E* and how long they have to wait for a DPP44.

Claude? Scott? Just received (and responded to) an e-mail. It sounds as if the flood gates have opened.

I must commend Dish/Echostar at this point as well. It appears they have a unit far and above better than the POS 921 and have throttled release in as much that CSR's are not overwelmed with calls and that they don't have thousands of error prone units in customer's homes.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the new toy!

Spence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)