VIP 622 Free Offer ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
I just ordered the 622. Costed $149 upfront, then $50 rebate and 10 $10 monthly credits to equal the upfront cost-basically free.

I know about the rebates. But i want to know where the free 622 with NO upfront cost is.

Can I get 622?

I guess this thread is as good as any to ask my question.

I currently have a 625, and AT100 w/locals. I pay 34.99 for programing, 5.98 DVR fee, and 5.99 DHPP fee. I am under the 18 month contract, and I get the 5.99 for DHPP back. So basically I am at $41 a month before taxes.

Can I get a 622 from dish to add to my 625? What are the costs?

What if I just replace the 625?

Can I buy my own somewhere else.

Is the DVR fee per reciever or per account?

I am happy with the programing, and have no interest in HD other than OTA that I would be able to get once I had a 622. The other reasons I am thinking of this is the 200 hrs of SD recording on the 622 vs 100 hrs on the 625, and the ability to record the OTA DH locals. I guess the last reason would be that the 622 is USB 2.0 while the 625 is USB 1.1. That only matters if we ever see external storage.

Thoughs, what am I missing? Does my contract make this all impossible?

Thanks

Steve

I was told the enabling fee is if you get the hd hardware but don't subscribe to HD package.

Fine print on newest brochure states..."A $6 per month HD enabling fee will be charged to an account that has one or more HD receivers, but doesn't carry qualifying HD programming, including America's Top 100 or higher with DishHD."

If your looking a the Dish Builder deal, it doesn't work worth a crap.

he said he didn't want hd programming, but i don't think you can lease a receiver without getting hd programming

For new customers only, you have to call 888-825-2557, and tell CSR you want to sign up Dish Network Top 100 and HD channels.

You get one free VIP622 HD DVR.
You also pick one Premium channel (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, or Starz) free for the first 3 months.

There is a $49 activation fee but it will be waived if you have ClubDish Gift Card Number. If you know anyone who is using DishNetwork, they can give you that card number. As reward they will receive $5 credit on their bill for 10 months (upto 5 referals/year).

$30 America Top 100
$20 HD 27
$6 DVR fee
$5 Local SD & HD
---------------
$61 tax not included

The best part, you will qualify for $200 mail-in rebate (will be issued as credit $20/month for 10 months)

Good deal

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts