vip 622, install hard drive or move files out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

twinkiestar

Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
my wife likes to record a lot of things on 622 and with that trend, the built in Hard drive will be filled soon, is it possible to add a new hard drive to be recognized by 622, or maybe move existing files (not talking about decrypt the files) to another hard drive?

Not at this point. There is much talk from Dish about enabling the ability to use external harddrives via the USB port. They have been testing and we are all hoping that it is available soon.

I think Dish is projecting to have that feature enabled around the end of this year (ASSUMING everything goes well...). I read that here somewhere - I THINK Scott got that info from the recent Dish Summitt meeting?

REALLY looking forward to that feature!!

I was thinking they said Fall, but the end of the year is more likely knowing Dish. Haha

twinkiestar said:
what happens if I just open the box and replace the hard drive? will 622 not recognize it?
If it will be same as original; what model of HDD you have now ? 6L320S0 ? Then it will be hard to find; if 7Y250M0 - then will be easy to buy.

what i do is i have a dvd player/recorder and i play the pgm and record the dvd. When i got out to eat or to work of to sleep what ever it work for me....oh FYI if ya get one get one that burns DL doble layer.....ITs just like recording from tv to VHS
GL

cleve_dnsc_tech said:
what i do is i have a dvd player/recorder ....ITs just like recording from tv to VHS
GL
do you connect 622 to recorder via S-video/composite? can you record DVD in High Def?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts