Vip 622 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimDB

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 29, 2004
MA
I’m getting my Vip 622 next week, will the installer change the Legacy LNB’s to Dish Pro Plus for fee?
I’m now using a Vip 211 and 501 with Legacy Duals / Dish 500 – 110/119 and Legacy Dual / Dish 300 – 61.5 into three SW21’s just two coax runs one to Living room and one to Bed room. At some point I might back feed the Vip 622 to the Bed room but for now I’ll keep the 501 connected.

Jim

I suspect he will. I had my install last Tuesday and the installer put in a DPP44 switch for my system shich includes a 508, 510, 311, and now a 622. I was charged nothing beyond what Dish already took out of my account.

I’m getting my Vip 622 next week, will the installer change the Legacy LNB’s to Dish Pro Plus for fee?
I’m now using a Vip 211 and 501 with Legacy Duals / Dish 500 – 110/119 and Legacy Dual / Dish 300 – 61.5 into three SW21’s just two coax runs one to Living room and one to Bed room. At some point I might back feed the Vip 622 to the Bed room but for now I’ll keep the 501 connected.

Jim

He's gonna have to replace your LNBs and add a DPP44 switch or a DP34 switch. Just tell him that you're keeping the 501 and the 211 plus the 622 and he'll be forced to replace what you have.

The installer should have a printout of all the equipment currently active on your account and come prepared to install whatever is necessary to add your 622 and make the rest work as well.

Mine came saturday and showed me his list. He brought a dish for 61.5 and a DP34 but I showed him I already had a dish for 61.5 set up and already using a DP34. He looked a little confused until I told him I have always set up all my Dish equipment in the past and had bought those two items last year when I picked up the 942. Then he smiled and said I had just made his job a lot easier.

Just tell him that you're keeping the 501 and the 211 plus the 622 and he'll be forced to replace what you have.

Thanks for all the advice. What a great idea move the Vip 211 to the bed room with the 501, that way I can get HD OTA in both rooms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)