VIP 622 Question

kabacw

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
I have 2 tv's hooked up to the VIP622. 1 is HD the other is not. I have bought another HDTV now. When I hook up the new HDTV to replace the non-hi def one, will it broadcast the HD channels? Right now the cable goes from the wall to the back of the tv in the secondary tv. thx

In order to get HD to that second TV you would have to use the HDNI or component output of the 622. those only exist for TV1.

uIn other words if you are trying to get an HD picture to a second TV using coaxial cable that will not work. tThat is always SD. I assume that your current HD Tv is hooked up using HDMI or component. if not you are feeding that set an SD signal.

I believe you would need another 622 receiver for that second room if you want HD on both. It would need to be hooked up through either HDMI or Component connections.

Last edited:
Yes, the front tv is hooked up through an hdmi cable. Thought I might have to get another receiver. thx

If you want to watch different HD programs on both TVs at the same time, then yes you need the second HD receiver. That could be as simple as a ViP211. However, consider feeding the 622's TV1 to both TVs, one using the HDMI connection and the other the component (plus L/R audio) connection. Then use one or the other of the composite TV2 (R/W/Y RCA jacks) or the "Agile Output" (coax) connection also to both TVs into either line-level or RF inputs as applicable. That way you can have HD and SD at both locations. If both want to watch the same HD channel at the same time, no problem. If the 2 locations want to watch different channels, then you get to fight over which one gets the HD capability while the other has to settle for SD. But that way you can at least have some HD capability in both locations at no additional cost. When watching the same HD channel in both locations, set the 622 in the Single mode and either remote can control it.

Welcome, BTW...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)