VIP-622 Question

Tom_P

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Hey;

I been reading a lot about the 622 HDMI Problem. Well I've never used that connection because my old Sammy HD CRT don't have HDMI, so component was the connection that I used. I bought a Sharp Aquos LCD and the HDMI cable and guess what, the HDMI doesn't work.

The question is do I have to activate that video output? I checked the 622 manual, found nothing. The HDMI do work with my Sammy upconverting HD-DVD 950. I have too many unwatched recorded events, and also the other events that I want to keep. Finally my one year warranty expired on March..:confused:

Ordinarily HDMI does not have to be activated, it is live all the time even if you aren't using it.

Well last night I tried everything. Well I called Dish and the receiver wasn't on the list of tvs with known problems.
This weekend I' ll try to watch all my PVR content before the new receiver arrives.

Well last night I tried everything. Well I called Dish and the receiver wasn't on the list of tvs with known problems.
This weekend I' ll try to watch all my PVR content before the new receiver arrives.

i have the same problem, i got HDMI last week try to use it and it didnt work. i tried reseting and everything, i use com right now. i dont want replace the 622 cause i have Planet Earch recorded.

HDMI problem, but it's on TV or on Vip622?

I had the Vip622 for 3 months now, and just recently the HDMI output died (about a week ago, after a power cycle, accidentally unplugged the 622).

My TV (Sceptre 42-Naga) just shows a blue screen. I tried both HDMI1 and HDMI2 of my TV, both blue screen. I connected the component, and it works just fine (I can't tell a degradation in quality) so for now I am fine with that, but I am not 100% sure that the Vip622 is the problem.

But how can I narrow it down to the Vip622 and not to the TV?
If the TV is the problem, I want to RMA it before the warranty expires.

Thanks,
Luca

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts