vip 622 TV2 remotes turns on TV1

casey13

Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
This Dual tuner (vip 622) has me so confused. In single mode if I turn Tv1 off and go upstairs to watch TV2 in bed, the TV2 remote will turn on TV1(downstairs) as well as TV2. Both remote addresses were the same so I changed TV1 and TV2 still controls both TV's. If in single mode I turn off shared view I cannot even get a picture on TV2, its says Shared view disabled.

Can anyone offer and help?

Thanks
user_online.gif
progress.gif

This Dual tuner (vip 622) has me so confused. In single mode if I turn Tv1 off and go upstairs to watch TV2 in bed, the TV2 remote will turn on TV1(downstairs) as well as TV2. Both remote addresses were the same so I changed TV1 and TV2 still controls both TV's. If in single mode I turn off shared view I cannot even get a picture on TV2, its says Shared view disabled.

Can anyone offer and help?

Thanks
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Why not put the box back in dual mode and use TV2 the way its intended? I dont understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Theres also the wonderful new invention - the owners manual. give it a try.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, way post a reply??? I'm new to all of this and was looking for some advice. Are you serious...there is something called an instruction manual.....

If you're in single mode, ALL the 622 outputs respond to either remote as if they were the same. If you have Shared view disabled, TV2 outs will always be black.

Go to dual mode to get independent control of TV1 and TV2.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, way post a reply??? I'm new to all of this and was looking for some advice. Are you serious...there is something called an instruction manual.....

which part of my reply isnt constructive? following my advice simply solves your problem and can add your your knowledge of your equipment.

do a little research on your own before asking questions. i guess its easier to type a question to the world rather than simply picking up the book you were provided and using the index. comes across as lazy. sorry.

Why not put the box back in dual mode and use TV2 the way its intended? I dont understand what you are trying to accomplish.
I have mine in single user mode in order to use the pip feature. If the unit was solely meant for dual mode, why include the pip to begin with. This also makes OTA available on secondary tv as live. If you do not need independent viewing on the unit, this makes better use of it.

Thank you to: gpflespsen and garys for your polite responses...I appreciate your information and you have helped!!

I have mine in single user mode in order to use the pip feature. If the unit was solely meant for dual mode, why include the pip to begin with. This also makes OTA available on secondary tv as live. If you do not need independent viewing on the unit, this makes better use of it.

good use for awesome equipment. and its capable of sooo much more. why not read the manual again????????

I'll respond with a standard answer found in many Microsoft knowledge base articles.

"This behavior is by design"

There is no TV1 or TV2 in single mode, all remotes control the whole receiver and all outputs show the same thing except, as you've discovered, when shared view is turned off.

Thank you to: gpflespsen and garys for your polite responses...I appreciate your information and you have helped!!

:D Now, can we have some fun? Lots of questions, in my experience can be answered by the standard response, "RTFM!!!"
:D

If you don't know what RTFM means, I'm sure someone will help explain.

Its easier to whine and moan your way to the answers...... Nothing I would be proud of but that seems to be how the world works these days.

I cant count the number of times I installed a 211 or 622 and a shiny dish 1000 because the customer just bought a "HD" tv from costco, thus they needed HD programming. Half the time the TV was SD and the other half the customer had no idea what HD even was but must have it just because joe blow down the road did. I just snickered when they think every dish channel was HD. Isnt paying hard earned money to have cool new technology when you dont have the first #*#&# clue how to use it a oxymoron?

I being new to dish (2 months ago now) Like reading through this board and every little bit I read through makes me that more powerfull with the great reciever I have along with the way better picture quality then Charter could every offer. (even the HD is better then what our local charter has) So to me reading these boards and learnign about the equipment is a great tool. However if someone doesnt do good reading a 70+ page manual and asks a simple question, why not just give a simple awnser or point him to a previous post since the forums are made to help people, not bash them. Just my 2 cents...(and I also learned a bit today, about being able to use pip on tv2 when using shared mode/single tuner)
Bill

I being new to dish (2 months ago now) Like reading through this board and every little bit I read through makes me that more powerfull with the great reciever I have along with the way better picture quality then Charter could every offer. (even the HD is better then what our local charter has) So to me reading these boards and learnign about the equipment is a great tool. However if someone doesnt do good reading a 70+ page manual and asks a simple question, why not just give a simple awnser or point him to a previous post since the forums are made to help people, not bash them. Just my 2 cents...(and I also learned a bit today, about being able to use pip on tv2 when using shared mode/single tuner)
Bill

I couldn't agree more. Guess it makes somone feel superior to flame somone with a simple question. Perhaps someone HAS read the manual and they don't happen to be technically minded and are confused or simply don't understand? WTH is the big deal with either trying to help somone out or simply ignoring the post if you don't wanna be bothered?:rolleyes: Just my .02, flame away.

Ed

There are valid points on both sides of this debate. While it is not a big deal to take a few minutes to answer a simple question, it is also very frustrating when people start to whine how everything is broken, bad, defective, just because they are ignorant of how their product works. As a DNS tech we would constantly get trouble calls for when channel 60/73 got changed on tv2, tv1 not on channel 3, and even when the vcr was on the guide wouldnt come up. My favorite is when getting sent to fix a receiver that would not dial out and the customer throws a fit becuase he is charged $5 a month. Find no dialtone and he says I dont have a land line. Well that could be why it doesnt work then huh. Rather than taking 5 seconds to understand, said customer then blames the receiver, dish, and basically anyone else in his path because its not his fault.

People who come to these forums are here to learn which is great and cant be dinged for that. However there is a limit of how much hand holding is reasonable. One doesnt go buy a car without a drivers license and then complain the car doesnt work because they dont know how to drive it. The same applies here. Many questions are answered by reading the manual. Doesn't need to be read from page to page.

I'm sure you've seen it all and there are extremes on both sides. I just hate it when it appears that someone gets jumped on immediately for asking a question. Someone can do a search and for whatever reason can't find the info. They shouldn't be afraid to ask a question. I just recently noticed that here and it bothered me. I DO read the manual and the few times I've had to have an installer at my house (usually a sub, but not always) over the last 9 1/2 years I've known more about the product than they have.
You've got a tough job. I'm on your side my friend.

Ed

to be completely honest id rather have someone ask a question here.. (either lame in our eyes or not) than spend one second on the phone with tech no support. as installers we know that all you need is an audible voice (english not needed) to do tech support. how many black blue or snowy screens have we gone out to when all you needed was to change the channel? id rather just answer the question here than make someone drive out and change the channel.. though i do like the easy 12 points.
my opinion is the only stupid question is the unasked one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)