ViP 622 Wiring Question

ThaVWman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Hey everyone, I need some help/answers to a question I have about my 622 and the 2nd room output. Here is my layout.

I have the Dish 1000+ with two lines coming from the switch down into my living room. I have a townhome, and it is just me and my wife, so the two room output setup has been working great for us. In the living room I only have one line coming from the outside connections to the 622, then a coax cable going from the 622 out to our cental wiring closet. From there the 2nd room signal is available to the other TV's in the house.

Right now we just have an SD TV in our room, but are looking to get a flat panel. What I would like to know is if the coax prewire in the house could handle both the Dish digital signal as well as the 622 2nd room signal just by adding a splitter at the living room end and the bedroom end. The reasoning behind this that I would like to get a 2nd dish box for HD content in our bedroom, but do not want to give up the ability to watch DVR shows from the 622 downstairs. Thoughts?

One additional question on that... or one new thought... I am going to need either a phone line or ethernet connection at that second TV, correct? Otherwise I will get dinged for it not being able phone home....

Last edited:
No. You cannot just split/combine the signal from the dish using a garden variety splitter. You could possibly use a diplexer, but perhaps some one more knowledgeable can answer that better.

If you have a second receiver you should plug it into a phone line. You don't have to, but you might see an additional $5 charge on your account every month if you don't depending on the receiver.

See ya
Tony

If you get another box for the bedroom, Dish will have to run another line from the Dish to it. Can't be split. But, keep the run from the 622 as it is, and you'll be able to watch recordings from it.

Not quite sure I follow whats going with your setup but if you have a dish 1000+ you should have a DPP44 switch. Where is the 2nd line from the dish going? Your 622 should only need one line to run it. If the second line is nearby you could diplex it with the tv2 line to your central closet. You cannot split the original signal feed.

If you diplexed the 2nd feed you would be able to send it to any room run to your wiring closet as long as the cabling is rg6.

Not quite sure I follow whats going with your setup but if you have a dish 1000+ you should have a DPP44 switch. Where is the 2nd line from the dish going? Your 622 should only need one line to run it. If the second line is nearby you could diplex it with the tv2 line to your central closet. You cannot split the original signal feed.

If you diplexed the 2nd feed you would be able to send it to any room run to your wiring closet as long as the cabling is rg6.

I think this is what I was looking for.... both feeds from the 1000+ are coming into the same exact place on my wall in the living room downstairs. I would rather not punch any more holes in the house if I dont have to. So what you are saying is that I can diplex the 2nd feed from the 1000+ and the 2nd tv output from the 622 onto the same coax cable in my house? If so, is that as simple as a coax splitter? Or is there a diplexer that is needed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts