Vip 622 with Windows Media Center. HELP!!

poppasnoop

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
I just purchased a Sony Digital Entertainment Center Computer that uses my TV as the monitor. It works terrific except that when I try to use the Windows Media Center, it cannot identify the Vip 622 receiver remote. This excludes me from using the TV feature in the Media center. Any suggestions?

you have vip622 going into the media center?

why the 622 is a dvr already.. it won't work well with media center.. 211 would.. but wouldn't be HD.. you can purchase OTA cards that will record hd from an antenna, but thats the best offered.. shrug..

Your Dish 622 or 722 does NOT work with a computer. So, get out of your head that a Media Center PC will work. Its only made to work with an external Hard drive that it formats itself.

it can work with a media center.. you would just need to go through the holy pain in the butt of setting it up through svideo or composite and using an ir blaster to change channels and such.. kind of like tivo does with cable boxes..

you may need to have the MCE learn all the remote codes..

Also depends on what you are looking to do. I have Media Center on my office PC and it's picking up the signal from TV2 just fine. I'm not looking to record on it, just watch my TV2 which also goes to my exercise room.

All I want is for it to work in the my tv section of Media center. When I go through the setup, it says it doe not recognize my remote. I am simply asking if there is a way to overcome this.

I've looked at trying to make the Media Center remote control the sat. Won't do it as from what I can tell. I wouldn't expect the Dish remote to work Media Center since the remote appears to be specific to Media Center.

As for hooking it up we have our Media center on channel 60 to view TV2 and it works great. We use it with our 625 since the 625 has a useless USB port and no external drive abilities. With Media Center if we want to record something and burn it to DVD it gets the job done. We also use it to watch tv in the office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)