ViP 622 work order with DISH 1000 question

kurtdh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Ordered the ViP 622 about 3 weeks ago. Installation is set for Sat the 25th. I received my ViP 622 in the mail about 5 days ago.

I called and inquired about my work order, and was told that the previous CSR who created the work order "messed it up" because the order was for an additional Dish pointed at 61.5, instead of for a Dish 1000.

This call was escalated. The next CSR I spoke with told me that the work order was not "messed up", but that it depends on the area you're in as to whether you're going to get a second dish, or a Dish 1000.

Thus, this is my question:

1. I know the Dish 1000 picks up 110, 119, and 129. I assume I have a SuperDISH now (I can't see the Dish, it's somewhere on top of my apartment complex), which should be picking up 110, 119, and probably 105 (or 121). Other than the different orbital locations the Dish 1000 picks up, is there any advantage of having the Dish 1000 compared to an additional Dish pointed at 61.5?
Am I losing any picture quality or anything at all by letting them install a second Dish instead of a Dish 1000?

and

2. I'm in Tallahassee, FL. 32303 zip code. Am I within the footprint of the Dish 1000? I was told by the last CSR I spoke with that I was "right on the border" and that he was unsure whether I was within the Dish 1000 footprint or not. He said the installer would be the one to decide whether I was going to get a Dish 1000 or an additional Dish.

The Dish 1000 comes free when you upgrade to the ViP 622, so I want to make sure I'm not getting jipped when they just install a second Dish instead. I realize I'll be receiving the same HD channels, I just want to know if there are any advantages to having the 1000 over a two Dish option that I would actually care about.

Thanks,

Kurt

its better to have a 2nd dish, because the signal will be better. I have called several techs at dish and they all say its up to the installer on which dish to install.

Jason

kurtdh said:
1. I know the Dish 1000 picks up 110, 119, and 129. I assume I have a SuperDISH now (I can't see the Dish, it's somewhere on top of my apartment complex), which should be picking up 110, 119, and probably 105 (or 121). Other than the different orbital locations the Dish 1000 picks up, is there any advantage of having the Dish 1000 compared to an additional Dish pointed at 61.5?
Am I losing any picture quality or anything at all by letting them install a second Dish instead of a Dish 1000?

and

2. I'm in Tallahassee, FL. 32303 zip code. Am I within the footprint of the Dish 1000? I was told by the last CSR I spoke with that I was "right on the border" and that he was unsure whether I was within the Dish 1000 footprint or not. He said the installer would be the one to decide whether I was going to get a Dish 1000 or an additional Dish.

The Dish 1000 comes free when you upgrade to the ViP 622, so I want to make sure I'm not getting jipped when they just install a second Dish instead. I realize I'll be receiving the same HD channels, I just want to know if there are any advantages to having the 1000 over a two Dish option that I would actually care about.

Thanks,

Kurt

1. There really is no advantage to having a D1000 except everything is on 1 dish instead of 2 and the D1000 has a DPP lnb which allows you to use a seperator to "split" the single line to feed dual tuners. Other than that, you really sacrifice signal strength by using the D1000. Some people have their HD locals on the 129 sat so they need that dish.

2. You are on the edge of the footprint. Your installer should put up the correct dish. Probably a dish pointing to 61.5 since you are so far south.

3. The 622 upgrade comes with all neccessary dishes and/or switches. Whether it be a D1000, a D500, or a DPP44 switch. Again, this is up to your installer based on your existing dish and location. Don't worry and enjoy the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)