Vip 722 Internal Hard Drive Replacement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can verify that the Seagate Pipeline HD ST3500312CS 500 GB still works in the VIP 722DVR...these posts are old and everyone has probably moved onto newer equipment but if you still have a VIP722 then this drive will work. Thanks to all for your suggestions as it helped me greatly restore my HD feature :)

Reactions: TheKrell
I can verify that the Seagate Pipeline HD ST3500312CS 500 GB still works in the VIP 722DVR...these posts are old and everyone has probably moved onto newer equipment but if you still have a VIP722 then this drive will work. Thanks to all for your suggestions as it helped me greatly restore my HD feature :)
Hi , I am having all sort of issues with Seagate Pipeline HD ST3500312CS 500 GB on 722k DVR. Can you recall what steps you had to take to get this thing working? Thanks

Hi , I am having all sort of issues with Seagate Pipeline HD ST3500312CS 500 GB on 722k DVR. Can you recall what steps you had to take to get this thing working? Thanks
There should be no steps needed other than installing the drive and turning on the 722. It should format and boot on it's own.

I've been working with Chuckde via PM, and IF he's still having issues, it's my opinion that his issue is not a bad drive in his case, but a bad receiver. He will need to contact DIRT, and arrange to swap out the receiver with another one.

Reactions: DWS44
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.. but..

Just working on my newly-failed VIP722 this week. Powered down to rearrange living room, and when powered back up I got Error 311 Hard Drive Failure.

Background - I'm a computer technician, so step 1 was to remove the drive and plug it into my computer to see what's going on. Drive model is the Seagate Pipeline ST3500312CS. I plugged it in, and it wouldn't spin up. I could hear it trying, but it wouldn't. So I did what any good computer technician does... I shook the crap out of it, heard SOMETHING move around inside (either the platters spinning on the spindle, or the heads flopping back and forth...).

At this point, I figured what the heck... Plugged it back into the computer, and it spun right up! I can see the partitions and everything... so I took a full sector-by-sector image of the entire drive with AOMEI Backupper.

I found an exact replacement drive - Seagate Pipeline ST3500312CS, brand new (old stock) on ebay, and have ordered it.

Now comes the $30,000 question... When the new drive arrives, will I be able to just dump the image onto the newly purchased drive, boot up the DVR, and have everything right where I left it, or is is going to "know" something's not quite right, and either reformat, or not allow me access to my recorded shows?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)