VIP 722 output question

browerjs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Beavercreek, OH
I currently have my 722 hooked up to my projector via HDMI (through a receiver). I want to add a 37-42 LCD/Plasma in my workout room, but don't want another box. If I just run component cables and rca cables for audio to this room, will I get output eventhough I have both HDMI/component plugged in?

Thanks

I currently have my 722 hooked up to my projector via HDMI (through a receiver). I want to add a 37-42 LCD/Plasma in my workout room, but don't want another box. If I just run component cables and rca cables for audio to this room, will I get output eventhough I have both HDMI/component plugged in?

Thanks

Browserjs,

Yes, all outputs on the receiver are live all the time. Be aware though that the HDMI and Component outputs are both from same TV1 outputs. This means you will not be able to have 2 different channels on 2 different TV's in HD. You can use the Composite outputs from the TV2 outputs and be able to see different content on both TV's although the content from the TV2 outputs will be downrezzed to SD.

John

Browserjs,

Yes, all outputs on the receiver are live all the time. Be aware though that the HDMI and Component outputs are both from same TV1 outputs. This means you will not be able to have 2 different channels on 2 different TV's in HD. You can use the Composite outputs from the TV2 outputs and be able to see different content on both TV's although the content from the TV2 outputs will be downrezzed to SD.

John

Right, I'm not really interested in having different content on both tv's (both will rarely in use at the same time), although i may just run the composite too for future :)

+1

You could get a powered HDMI splitter from them and have HDMI to both locations. Not so many wires!:)

Ed

Good idea, I'll probably go this route. I'll split from the 722 to the reciever and the new TV. I really don't want to have the receiver on for the new TV, and also this way I can play xbox on my 120" screen, while the wife watches tv while on the treadmill.