ViP 722 rebooting on power up.

jevans64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2009
+34.73823n -86.79162w
My Dish ViP 722 is rebooting only when I turn it on. It has been doing it for about 3 months now and only seems to do it if the receiver checks for an update while it is not on. If I forget to turn it on and let it do its thing the first 10-12 minutes of any timed recordings that fall before a system update check aren't recorded. I assume because it does the update check and reboots before starting the recording.

Is this a firmware issue or is it time for another one?

Is there any way to turn off updates since I doubt the 722 is being updated?

1. My 722 does not have this issue.
  2. I know of no way to prevent the 722 from checking for updates.
I think it's time for a replacement.

My Dish ViP 722 is rebooting only when I turn it on. It has been doing it for about 3 months now and only seems to do it if the receiver checks for an update while it is not on. If I forget to turn it on and let it do its thing the first 10-12 minutes of any timed recordings that fall before a system update check aren't recorded. I assume because it does the update check and reboots before starting the recording.

Is this a firmware issue or is it time for another one?

Is there any way to turn off updates since I doubt the 722 is being updated?

I have this same issue with my Dish VIP 722. Also started about the same time. Dish has been no help so far.
Anybody figure this out?

When that happens it will be indeed replaced, and 90% will happen again because it seems the way you have it sitting probably it is not breathing if you have very close devices within 4 inches or if it is sitting on dvd player or vcr etc.. or if some device sits on the top of it. we always recommend you have it on flat surface clear sides and back and bottom.

I had the same problem and it kept getting worse. Called Dish support and they made me keep the 722 unplugged for 72 hours to see if that would fix it but no go. So they sent me a replacement. They too were claiming it was a failed update but I'm pretty sure it was a hardware failure because it kept making a clanging sound when trying to come on. Plus no video output either. Most likely it was a power supply failure too low voltage to power the hard drive and rest of the circuits.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)