VIP receiver installation

If that was in response to my post above it let me explain further. They will be disabling the DVR capabilities of old 722's and using them to replace old 322's and 222's. 322's and 222's are going away totally and won't need to be returned to DISH anymore at all.

They are also working in a 'Duo' Hopper type receiver to replace the 722's.
It sure sounds like Dish may be retiring 222/322 receivers soon.
I didn't read JSheridan's post as saying that people with 322/222 receivers would be forced to switch to the 722n (neutered) right away. Rather, I am guessing the 722's would simply be issued as replacements whenever an existing 322/222 dies of natural causes. I wonder how long customers who already have a 322 or 222 (or activate one before the cut-off date) will stay grandfathered before they are actually forced to upgrade.

I wonder if Dish will activate a new 211k after 2018? I have never found another Dish receiver that will do all the vip211k will do without any fees.

The Wally will do the same with the exception of the need to add an OTA dongle for OTA...
Wally also has Carbon User Interface (CUI) if you like 211K may drive you up a wall. Wally does not have a ch 3/4 output so you need a modulator. Hard drive for Wally is a minimum 500gb. Only has composite and HDMI outputs. It does come with 50.0 UHF remote and is less than 1/2 the size of a 211K, if Wifi is needed it plugs into usb or it can be hard wired.

Reactions: EchostarFan
Wally also has Carbon User Interface (CUI) if you like 211K may drive you up a wall. Wally does not have a ch 3/4 output so you need a modulator. Hard drive for Wally is a minimum 500gb. Only has composite and HDMI outputs. It does come with 50.0 UHF remote and is less than 1/2 the size of a 211K, if Wifi is needed it plugs into usb or it can be hard wired.
Wallys come with 54 remotes now

Reactions: blatimer1983
Thanks. At least there is an option. The vip211k is such a self contained receiver with so many features, I am surprised that Dish did not continue with a newer receiver with the same functions. I have considered buying a spare vip211k as a backup in case mine crashes and I am unable to purchase one at that time. I remember back when the vip211k receiver came out and I got it as it had the HD and I had the option to add the HDD for $40 and no extra monthly fees. Later when our TV translators went to digital, I was able to use the OTA tuner.

Be glad you have 211K's. For some reason, our warehouse is back to stocking 211Z's.... Horrid little things. I guess Dish must have just reman'd a bunch and sent them back out to the field

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)