VIP Receiver Retirement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don’t think the VIP 211s are going anywhere right now. I kinda expect they will go sometime in 2019.
I find it interesting that you quoted this post:
I called and spoke to a senior tech rep he was very nice and informative. He said that they are fazing out the old receivers but if they are already on your account there will be no issues switching them on and off . I explained I own a HWS and a 622 and 922 and sometimes need certain receivers on . He double checked and said I will have no problem at all with them. I hope he is right. If not then it will be time to upgrade. ( I sure will miss that little red light )
blatimer, you do realize that ViP211 also does not have a red recording light. :biggrin On that note, ewindowman (and navychop for that matter) would be disappointed with the Hopper Duo for the same reason.

Reactions: navychop
I should note that I was speaking facetiously about a hypothetical situation. I don't believe anything about a Hopper 4.

I wouldn’t put too much thought into that. Even if he was correct now, that could very well change next month. I think a more reasonable answer would be “as of now, and this can change at a moments notice”.

Exactly!

Many years ago they said it was ok to use 111’s in a commercial install in a senior community.

Yea 111’s sucked but we used them due to the price.

Go to activate and are told to use 311’s at almost triple the price. Dish would not budge on this new rule.

I was not going to eat the difference in cost as the install was done.

I called corporate and spoke to a contact. Told them either activate the account or I switch customer to Directv.

They activated it, but would not have made the exception for 1 receiver.

Reactions: EchostarFan
But back to my original question.

If the equipment is MPEG4 8psk what is the issue?

Do the hoppers and Wally’s have the ability to allow for more compression to allow dish to free up channel capacity?

Or is this some bull crap where they say the kangaroo stuff provides for a better customer experience which will help keep customers With dish longer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)