VIP211 - All Outputs Hot All The Time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
I'm considering an upgrade to a Dish VIP211 HD receiver. Are all of the outputs from the VIP211 hot all the time (i.e., can I still pull an s-video signal off of the receiver while I'm using the HDMI port to watch my TV)?

I know that there is only one tuner, that isn't an issue. I currently have a Dish 811 and it allows me to have simultaneous multiple outputs. Currently I use a secondary s-video output from the 811 to feed a DVD/VCR combo recorder while watching programming via either the component output or DVI output.

Thanks in advance.

Yes they are. Unlike the 811, though, the 211 has only 1 set of analog L/R audio out. It does have the optical audio out, and audio on the HDMI (of course). I mention this because my TV had DVI only, so I had to use the analog audio for the main TV, leaving me without audio for the s-video out to the spare tv. My solution at the time was a set of "Y" cables.

Miner

Also, the 211 only has one set of component outputs, not two like the 811. May not matter to you, just thought I'd mention it.

Yes, that works fine. I have HDMI hooked up to the TV, and S-Video and red/white audio hooked up to my TV tuner for recording

Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses. BTW, is that a coax connection for an RF output on the back there?

There's no reason this couldn't be the base level MPEG-4 receiver for the new Eastern Arc customers. Has everything needed for either one SD set or one HD set. The HD features could be software enabled by satellite download as required.

Any one know if the "Channel 3/4 modulated output" (i.e., the RF out coax connection) maintains MTS stereo sound? Many RF modulated outputs on consumer electronics don't.

Just asking because if it did, I've have another idea for output usage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)