VIP211 and HDMI

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
My installation will be done on Monday. Does anyone know if the HDMI problem is resolved now or what is the status of it?

According to the latest software release there was nothing mentioned about HDMI.

Can it be fixed by software?

Should I use the Component Cables?

I'm using HDMI on my 211 and so far no problems. Some people have reported the problem so it might affect some receivers only. I have an audio synch problem with the digital output and HDMI though. If you have both going at the same time, it sounds like an echo.

211/hdmi

RandallA said:
I'm using HDMI on my 211 and so far no problems. Some people have reported the problem so it might affect some receivers only. I have an audio synch problem with the digital output and HDMI though. If you have both going at the same time, it sounds like an echo.

I have had my 211 about 3 weeks now and have it hooked up using HDMI. Once I figured out how to get around the "audio- no video" problem when powering it up it seems to be working well. I found that when I change my input (TV) to the 211 input I hit "select" on the remote and NOT the power button to kick start her :rolleyes: . Gerry

RandallA said:

I have the 411 and have severe audio synch issues. I send HDMI to a video processor with a back up optical feed-only 1 live at a time. Optical then to my receiver. I have no problems with 3 other devices or a 4th thats retired( a Direct HD DVR)

The optical and HDMI feed are synched differently and therefore maybe your echo
problem. In my case its like watching a Kung Fu movie.

I think my first call last week was misunderstood because they said it was a known issu. On a follow-up call today the tech said loss od audio was the known problem not A/V synch.

I will call again tonight from home so they can troubleshoot again.

"The optical and HDMI feed are synched differently and therefore maybe your echo
problem"

Correct. I reported the problem last Saturday so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Composite it is than.

Does any one knows the phone for the DN Level 2 tech support?

I am using HDMI with my 211 on a JVC 56" HD-ILA. When I change channels on the 211 the screen will go crazy, pink and green flashes and then the header on the station gets really big then back normal size again. This all occurs for about 2 seconds every time I change the channel. Also the input name will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen . That normally would only appear if I was changing inputs on the tv, and should not appear everytime I change the channel. Anyone else experience anything similar?

Pinchhitter said:
I am using HDMI with my 211 on a JVC 56" HD-ILA. When I change channels on the 211 the screen will go crazy, pink and green flashes and then the header on the station gets really big then back normal size again. This all occurs for about 2 seconds every time I change the channel. Also the input name will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen . That normally would only appear if I was changing inputs on the tv, and should not appear everytime I change the channel. Anyone else experience anything similar?

I don't have a 211 but I will hopefully be getting a 622 on Monday and I have the same TV so I will let you know. On a side note, how does the SD stuff look on the TV using the HDMI with your 211? PM me the answer if you want.

James

I do not see much difference in SD from what the 811, which was so-so. Of course come locals and SD more pixeled that others and a bit washed out at times. I do not notice any significant improvement.

Personally, I think the 211 is better than thn the 811. The SD channels appear less washed out on my HD LCD.

I have a 411/211 about a week old now. No HDMI cable came with this unit. Installed component cables in the intrim. Purchased HDMI to DVI and installed. After comparison of the two inputs the component is cleaner, colors are richer and just looks better. The SD is also a slight improvment compared to the 811.

I had no idea the post would be so popular; however, my question was not really answered.

The installation was moved to tomorrow and I still do not whether I should try HDMI and risk breaking the receiver or use component and avoid the problem.

So, is this a problem only with the 211 or is it going to be the same for the 622? Software or hardware problem? Just what is the purpose of the HDMI cable if component cables are just as good. I went out and bought HDMI from monoprice.com just because I had read the overall PQ was far better than regular cables. True or false? Why is it you have to power down your TV before you power off your reciever? I hardly ever turn my reciever off anymore. I leave my wife at home almost 75% of the time and do not want to have to have a ritual in turning off my plasma. I hope this is a problem that can be resolved soon.

shodobe said:
So, is this a problem only with the 211 or is it going to be the same for the 622? Software or hardware problem? Just what is the purpose of the HDMI cable if component cables are just as good. I went out and bought HDMI from monoprice.com just because I had read the overall PQ was far better than regular cables. True or false? Why is it you have to power down your TV before you power off your reciever? I hardly ever turn my reciever off anymore. I leave my wife at home almost 75% of the time and do not want to have to have a ritual in turning off my plasma. I hope this is a problem that can be resolved soon.

My point exactly, except the wife part.

Ok just got my 411 so far I love and really enjoy the Voom channels so on. Ok I thinking about getting a HDMI cable for my 411 to my Sony Tv. I guess the HDMI cables are male to male is this place a good place to buy from monoPrice.com??? They have a 6ft cable male to male for 7.95. ???

The two I bought were 3 ft each but the 6 ft ones are pretty cheap. I had gotten this site as a recommendation from 5 or 6 different people so I think that speaks for itself. Funny, I ordered them on-line only to find out they are only about 10 miles from where I work.

Jvc 52", hd-ila TV, VIP 211 using HDMI-HDMI no problems at all.
I don't know why some of you are having problems. I don't think you will have any problems at all.

I just hooked up my second 211 last night to our Pio-5060 via HDMI, so far no problems. My other 211 is hooked up via component in theater room, so I'll see what connection, if any, gives trouble. Hopefully all will be well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)