vip211 and IR

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
I have (2) Vip211's and they are at opposite ends of a hallway, (maybe 50ft). The IR remote for one of them changes the cannel on the other. Unfortuently I can not move the receiver locations. Any ideas how to stop this? Any way to cut down on range of IR like we used to be able to do with UHF?
Thanks in advance

You can change the address for the remote for one of the receivers. Do a search on change remote address and you'll find posts that tell you how to do it.

Press the System Info button on the front of the reciever. For both receivers and write down the remote address.
Press and hold the SAT button on the remote until all mode lights illuminate.
Enter a different number than what is set for Receiver 1.
Press the # (pound) button.
Press the Record button.
Press the View, View TV or View Live TV button on the remote to go back to programming.

Thanks guys, that was it and they are working with no conflicts. Sorry I doubted you RandallA, since I had only seen this for UHF remote and I thought maybe you misread my post.

See Ya

Thanks guys, that was it and they are working with no conflicts. Sorry I doubted you RandallA, since I had only seen this for UHF remote and I thought maybe you misread my post.

See Ya

How dare you doubting me, just kidding. Yeah, that works for both IR and UHF remotes. Glad you got it working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts