vip211 audio problems on OTA!`

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
My 211 loses it's audio on the OTA channels everyday when I turn on the tv. I have to reboot and it takes 10 minutes for it to locate the sat and download the program guide. Meanwhile, I am missing my program. I am tired of it. When is Dish going to fix this problem with the 211. Does anyone else have this problem. Help?

Last edited:
If your tv has a hd tuner you could hook up OTA directly to tv. I've put in a lot of 211s but not one with OTA so haven't heard about this prob. Also suggest calling Dish, the more calls they get the sooner they will work on "that" problem.

jerryez said:
My 211 loses it's audio on the OTA channels everyday when I turn on the tv. I have to reboot and it takes 10 minutes for it to locate the sat and download the program guide. Meanwhile, I am missing my program. I am tired of it. When is Dish going to fix this problem with the 211. Does anyone else have this problem. Help?

I live in St. Louis and we have this problem on only one channel (our CW affiliate). When I have contacted the station, the engineers say that the problem is on their end and nothing is wrong with my 211. I have not had any trouble losing audio on any other local HD channels.

I lose audio on all OTA digital channels every day. I reboot the receiver and the audio comes back. I sent this exact description to Dish and their reply was that it is my antenna. If it is my antenna, then why when I reboot the receiver does the audio return. They are stupid A* holes. I am so furious with thier reply that I am livid with rage at them. If there was another decent choice, I would change providers.

jerryez said:
I lose audio on all OTA digital channels every day. I reboot the receiver and the audio comes back. I sent this exact description to Dish and their reply was that it is my antenna. If it is my antenna, then why when I reboot the receiver does the audio return. They are stupid A* holes. I am so furious with thier reply that I am livid with rage at them. If there was another decent choice, I would change providers.

"It is" a problem with the 211. Don't let E* fool you. They know it but typical of them they give you the run around. The process you are doing is the only way to get audio back, but if you do a lot of OTA channel surfing you will lose it again.

Having E* replace the unit does not fix the problem. I have talked to advance tech support and they state that it is a known issue and that they are working on it. No commitment on when it will be fixed.

The OTA tuners on Dish HD receivers are not as reliable and the ones being put in the HDTVs. If you have an OTA antenna, use a splitter to feed both the tv and the Dish receiver. You will find that when the TV receiver, once you set it up, will get a more reliable picture and less sound drop outs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)