VIP211-HDMI cable in the package?

greggy101

Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
USA
Does anyone know if there is a single HDMI cable included with VIP211 or VIP612?
My installer took all the boxes leaving me just the receivers...

Thanks!

The 211k that my neighbor had installed a few months back had an HDMI cable in the box. No charge for him. Looks like different rules depending on region.

Some offices charge for it, some don't. In my opinion if we gloat about having such great HD why not provide the customer with the best equipment up front with the install? Why say we have the best HD if we don't give you the best option for connectivity in the first place? :rant:

Probably somebody in accounting has been drinking the Monster Kool-Ade and thinks HDMI cables are expensive.

Our office comps HDMI cables. We also carry component cables if needed. We also don't charge for Phone-ex, Dishcomm, or Slink-links. But that is our office, I know it is different all over.

Thank you all for the info.
I wasn't one of the lucky ones... didn't get anything - not even a manual for the receivers (all units were brand new out of the box)

Thank you all for the info.
I wasn't one of the lucky ones... didn't get anything - not even a manual for the receivers (all units were brand new out of the box)

You should of gotten a manual along with a channel card. Also you should of received a 25' phone jumper and a RCA cable (red,white & yellow)

As far as the HDMI cable goes, Like the above posters mentioned, Dish Network does not supply the HDMI cable in the box. Some offices have them available for purchase and some stock them as hand outs. In my case, As a sub contractor, I have to to purchase them and have them on hand so I either have to charge the customer what I pay for them or call my dispatcher and see if they will reimburse my cost.

In my opinion, Dish Network should include them in the box to avoid this type of problems.

Does anyone know if there is a single HDMI cable included with VIP211 or VIP612?
My installer took all the boxes leaving me just the receivers...

Thanks!
no..The only cables in the pack out are Composite( RCA and the phone jumper..Techs ( at least our office) carry Component cables to be given to the customer at no out of pocket and HDMI cables for sale.
DNS offices may be different. HOwever in the narrowest of contexts, the answer is no..

Some offices charge for it, some don't. In my opinion if we gloat about having such great HD why not provide the customer with the best equipment up front with the install? Why say we have the best HD if we don't give you the best option for connectivity in the first place? :rant:

The option IS available. The operative word being "option"...
Also there is the cost factor. Companies must purchase these items and as any business would, have the perfect right to sell the items for a profit.
The other choice for the customer is to take the standard or component route.

Probably somebody in accounting has been drinking the Monster Kool-Ade and thinks HDMI cables are expensive.

They can be had pretty inexpensively.
So there is no reason for any customer to do without.
Perhaps in the future, E* will supply inexpensive HDMI cables. However, if I were the head of Dish for a day, I would allow free HDMI cables with a warning. That these are cheap HDMI cables and MAY NOT produce fully desirable results. That followed by the obligatory discalaimer. "We are giving this to you free of charge. You have the option of buying a more expensive, higher quality cable at your expense."

I've never heard of a bad HDMI cable at any sane length. On the other hand, cheap ones may actually work better for Dish, in that their lighter weight would be less likely to break off the jacks in the receivers.

They can be had pretty inexpensively.
So there is no reason for any customer to do without.
Perhaps in the future, E* will supply inexpensive HDMI cables. However, if I were the head of Dish for a day, I would allow free HDMI cables with a warning. That these are cheap HDMI cables and MAY NOT produce fully desirable results. That followed by the obligatory discalaimer. "We are giving this to you free of charge. You have the option of buying a more expensive, higher quality cable at your expense."
I agree. In this day and age electronic equipment should include all the necessary connectivity equipment for the most common connections, not only satilite recivfers but video games etc. Having said that if you have a store called "5 below" (everything is $5.00 or less) I found HDMI cables there. Yes you get what you pay for but they will work. I usually purchase mine off e-bay and have purchased decent quality at decent prices.

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts