mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the Dish Tech Portal:

2/21/2007: 1101 Software Version L3.45 for ViP 211/DISH 411

Effective Thursday, February 22nd, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.45 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.44 and L3.45 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

Hmmmm. I just bought my first 211 for the bedroom and it has been working flawlessly. I hope that they don't break it.

As far as I can tell the last few updates haven't destroyed mine...pretty good job with the releases. Hopefully they address some of the HDMI handshake issues

1. Intermittent DD loss over HDMI...NGHD was pissing me off
2. DD5.1 not being passed over HDMI unless I power up on an HD channel...I can get it back but just have to switch inputs on my av-receiver real quick and resysnc

As far as I can tell the last few updates haven't destroyed mine...pretty good job with the releases. Hopefully they address some of the HDMI handshake issues

1. Intermittent DD loss over HDMI...NGHD was pissing me off
2. DD5.1 not being passed over HDMI unless I power up on an HD channel...I can get it back but just have to switch inputs on my av-receiver real quick and resysnc

Those sound like issues that certainly need attention. I connected mine with HDMI but I still haven't connected the 5.1 receiver and speakers yet.

Got it this morning. So far, all I see is the HD sign in the guide, like they promo'd for the 622 at CES.

Yeah, I got it too. HD is listed on HD channels and the HD channels are mapped to the SD channel numbers. Like for ESPN there are 2 140s. 1 for ESPN and 1 for ESPNHD.

Got mine too, what I don't like is that I use the "ALL HD" guide a lot. Now I have doubles of everything. Time to edit a new HD guide. The HD on the side is cool but it would be nice if it were listed by the show indicating whether the show is actually HD as that is not always true.

I am at work so I dont know if I received the update. My question is what happens if you input 9424 which was the ESPN HD channel number before ?

It's still there that where the real HD will be located, just like your local they are in the 8000 range, but map down to the 2-69 range.

Has anyone else had an issue with ESPN2HD and NFLHD since the update? Its taking about 10 seconds for a/v to show up when I turn to them. Every other HD channel pops up instantly. Worked great yesterday.

Yeah I have the update and noticed now when you hit "Info" they added some text that says "TV Listings Tribune Media Services".

Pardon my ignorance, but are the software upgrade downloads done for different parts of the country at different times?

My 211 PG is still the same and hasn't upgraded yet.

Should I be worried? :p

Yeah my 411 has the update but my 211 has not gotten it yet. Comparing the two we know they added the HD logo to the HD Channels. But it also seems like when you hit ""Info"" that it gives a little more information about the program.

I decided that I didn't like having 182 Discovery mapped to 9421 Discovery, and have them both in my HD Only list. I found a menu choice where I was able to turn the mapping off, and made the EPG look like it did before this update (other than the Tribune copyright stuff).

Does anyone know when this will be rolled out to the rest of us who don't have it yet? Also, does anyone know when the ViP622 firmware that was supposed to go out this week will show up??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts