ViP211 overscan issues

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
I just fired off this e-mail to Dish Network. It explains it all.

>About a year ago I complained about an overscan issue on my HDTV with the ViP211. I have a CRT 57" widescreen HDTV.
>After much going back and forth with tech support, the original ViP211 was swapped and I still had the same problem.
>I then had a technician from a local electronics store come in to do a calibration adjustment for overscanning. This also about a year ago and all seemed well.
>Here I need to point out that I can only see problems when the channels are doing certain things in the sides and corner extremes. I paid alot of money for my set up and I want it done right. Otherwise, why would I bother with HD?
>Next we fast forward to September 2006. WNBC channel 4 in NYC started doing the news in HD. Well now almost half that H on the HD logo is off the screen. I did not bother to call and complain again at this point but I did alot of research on this subject and found out that yes, there are some overscan issues with CRT HDTV's.
>A few months ago I bought another ViP211. This one to be used with a new HD LCD. No overscan issues here.
>Now with the launch of 7 (but not mine) RSN's in HD. I got fed up for waiting for HD-RSN's and with baseball season upon us, I just got basic digital cable hooked up so I can see Sportsnet New York and the Mets in HD. I just tuned to channel 4 (as it comes with that cable package) and there is absolutely no overscanning now on my CRT set. This leads me to belief that there is an overscan issue with the ViP211 but only with CRT sets. What else can I think?
>The TV with the problem is the Toshiba 57H84 HDTV.
>Please pass this note on to your technical people so maybe this problem can be fixed with a future software / firmware update in the future.

I have seen there are a few others with this problem. Some of them may think it is just their set. Think otherwise maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts