vip211 problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

finrod60

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
north east pennsylvania
goodmorning everybody. i just had a vip211 hd receiver about 1 week ago and it seems to be turning itself off. i didn`t find anything in the manuel about it. is this normal operation or do i have a problem thanks for any info

The receiver will turn it self off at the time set under preferences/update to update the program guide and check for software downloads. If it is turning it self off at other times you might have a problem

:confused: goodmorning, just had a vip211 installed about a week ago and it works fine , except it keeps turning itself off. is this normal operation or do i have a problem thanks for any info.

My first 211 did this same thing. I had DISH send me a new one. You should probally do the same. Mine, I think was caused by overheating even though I had adequate ventilation around the receiver. Do you?

The receiver will turn it self off at the time set under preferences/update to update the program guide and check for software downloads. If it is turning it self off at other times you might have a problem

I just had a 211 installed and yesterday I saw where a window popped up and stated "the receiver would turn itself off due to inactivity, press yes or no to accept". I don't know if this is an intentional built-in feature, but I wasn't aware of it.

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)