VIP211, Weird Loss of OTA Signal

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Was watching OTA last night via vip211, when the picture started to pix and signal strength went from a solid 85 to lost signal and everywhere in between. I checked the analog picture, very strong clear signal.

Went outside and a bird was on the antenna. After I spooked the dang bird, I had the "no signal" screen. Checked all of the other stations; "no signal" screen.
So I rebooted my receiver. The signal came back at the solid 85. All other stations between that and 100.

Anyone know if there is a problem with the 211 and OTA signals being lost?

"Anyone know if there is a problem with the 211 and OTA signals being lost?"

Yes and I'm tired of it. I have two channels coming in at 100% and I can't tune to them with the 211. This started with the last software update.

Here's the fix. A lawn chair, a six-pack and a BB gun!

Seriously, have not heard of any problems, but it's new.

I'm there man!!

"Yes and I'm tired of it. I have two channels coming in at 100% and I can't tune to them with the 211. This started with the last software update".

I hope they fix it soon. It happened about three weeks ago too.

I have the same thing with 211 OTA dropped signals here in Cleveland area. I have 2 211`s. "E" switch out the first 211, but now my other 211 is doing the same thing.

Easy fix if its only on the 211's..
get a 622, but if you dont like the DVR their nice new model.. the 222
the 222 will be the same monthly charge as the 211, as long as you have a phone connected.

Easy fix if its only on the 211's..
get a 622, but if you dont like the DVR their nice new model.. the 222
the 222 will be the same monthly charge as the 211, as long as you have a phone connected.

Why should I have to replace my receiver when it was working just fine before the software upgrade. They need to fix it, period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts