Vip211

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
Does anyone have any information on the new Dish VIP211, all I have found in the forums is about the VIP622. What I want to know if it has a widescreen guide like the 622, could it be that it is just like the 622 minus the recording?

I have the VIP221. The guide is like the close to the 811 guide that I up graded from. I have not had any problems with the 211:D , unlike all the reported 811 problems:mad: Locks into all of my OTA chanels:up , it knows and locks onto the proper sound settings-DD or PCM:up . Guide apprears to work well also.

Definite improvement over my old 811 that I had for about 2 difficult/disappointing years. Now that I've said all of this, I will probably start having problems with the 211:devil:

John

I have been very happy with my 211. Knocking on wood...I have not experienced any digital sound concerns. I do wish the 211 had more inputs and outputs but the upgrade went well and the OTA stations work well!

dail24 said:
BIGGEST problem with the 211 is the digital sound output, out of sync with video when watching HD channels.

Same here. That's the only problem I have with it and the caller ID showing Out of Area for most calls. Hope they fix them soon. Other than that the 211 is a lot better than the 811.

I currently have 3 problems with my 211:

1. Caller ID -- works sometimes, and shows unidentified caller, but most of time shows nothing,

2. Out of sync audio -- on some channels it is worse than others, but is generally out of sync on the HD channels,

3. Complete loss of audio -- when changing from OTA to sat. channels, there is "motorboating" sometimes, then loss of audio. Only way to get is back is to reboot.

Other than that, it is great. The 8VSB tuner appears to be better than the internal ATSC in my TV, and the scaling also appears better than my TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts