VIP211z Receiver Picture Freeze

tex_toby

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Sherman, Texas
Hello - I have a VIP211z receiver out in my shop that I installed a few months ago and up until yesterday it has been working perfectly. At some point yesterday, the picture started briefly freezing every 5 or 6 seconds. It only freezes for a quick flash (like a stutter) and then goes back to normal for another 5 or 6 seconds, etc....and then does it again and again. The audio is never interrupted, only the picture. I have 75% signal which is all I have ever gotten. I also switched out the HDMI cable to rule that out and can watch cable tv on the same tv without any issues so it's not the tv itself. I'm really just down to the coax which comes directly from the LNB to the receiver or the receiver. Has anybody experienced anything like this, and if so did you fix it? I searched the forum and haven't found a problem exactly like mine. Thanks in advance for your help and time!

You did a Reboot correct?
It could still be the HDMI on the receiver .It sounds like HDMI to me.
If it was coax, no sound would be coming through when the picture was dropping out.

Does the 211z accept Component cables, I would test those out.

Also try switching your Resolution to on your receiver to720p if it's on 1080i.
Believe it or not I've noticed that 1080 setting on a few of my tvs used to act like this with Directv's equipment.

Yes, I have rebooted all with same results. I'll have to try and figure out how to change from 1080 to 720 as right now it is on 1080.

I changed the resolution - it had no effect. I realized this afternoon that the problem only seems to be happening on my local channels. I'm quite certain that yesterday, it was happening on 214 (The Weather Channel) as well, but today that channel is working fine. Only issues today is the locals.

You can definitely check connections for sure, But to have sound and just picture glitches, sounds more like and HDMI handshake issue.
Check your signal strengths and run a systems test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)