Vip222 vs Vip221

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JWC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
Anyone know the differences between the 222 (to be released later on this year??) and the 221 (available sooner)? It looks like you will ONLY be able to get a single upgrade RX so it might make a difference on what decision we make.

From what I can see the 222 is a dual tuner and the 211 is a single tuner. The 222 is a 622 without a hard drive. The 222 is UHF remote capable and multi TV outlet capable with different channels being watched simultaneously.. The 211 is not UHF remote capable and very basic. I vote to wait for the 222.

Indy said:
From what I can see the 222 is a dual tuner and the 211 is a single tuner. The 222 is a 622 without a hard drive. The 222 is UHF remote capable and multi TV outlet capable with different channels being watched simultaneously.. The 211 is not UHF remote capable and very basic. I vote to wait for the 222.
What I am wondering, if they will let us take a 211 while we wait...only reason I see making us wait is to force us into a 622. They tried to do that with the 625 when I signed up last July. I tried it and didn't like it, discovered I could record shows (and internally edit & burn a DVD with my Media XP in my Sony Vaio.. With the DVR you had to record out its analog jacks-no digital out, etc. I had to fight for it, but I got the 625 removed and replaced with a 322 and my install money refunded.

Last edited:
I am willing to wait until December for the 222, however, I'm afraid that they won't offer this upgrade offer (or any). If I could get a 222, I'd turn in 1 of my 301's and my 811, and use it to replace both. I'd lose 1 additional receiver access fee, and I'd reduce the physical amount of receivers in my house.

Do I take the $49 for the 211, or do I wait and possibly pay more for a 222? That's the question I am asking myself. (according to the information, you should be able to upgrade to a 222 for the same amount as the 211, because it isn't a DVR)

Since I am new to Dish since July, I was going to be able to get an HD upgrade offer back in fall. When I called in early Dec to ask about getting the HD, I had found out about the new mpeg 4 coming and csr finally agreed I might as well "wait" till Feb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)