vip222

After maintaining a log of "problems " with a 222, and receiving a $50 account credit for inconviences, Dish tech agreed to replace with a re-conditioned unit. This was done on 3-15-08. to date, no problems...Have several 222's in service that have not experienced abnormal problems.....BUT......none of these are connected to OTA. The 222 that was having problems was connected to OTA. The replacement is using the same OTA. Time will tell.

DISH Bums......

I have had the VIP 222 since last summer and have had problems from the get-go - all of these issues are reflected in other member comments, so it has to be something the DISH folks are aware of and chosing to ignore. I've begun keeping track of every time this unit freezes or changes channel on its own so I have a log of the problerm.

I know, let's do a class action lawsuit and get their attention. The fact there are so many with the same issues and DISH still installs the VIP 222 for the "uninformed" (I was one!!), making it sound like such a great deal, means they are doing this intentionally. It's like a car manufacturer selling a car they know is defective only it's not life-threatening, so they keep doing it hoping nobody will make a fuss. I WANT TO FUSS!!!

Someplace else I was crucified for commenting on the 222, even got banned for a day, this model receiver has horrific problems, I know I had one and went through all the things you are experiencing and more, I finally was able to get it replaced with a 722 and never looked back my experience with the 222 was total frustration

Bob

Would that be dBStalk? :D

As a point of interest...has there been a post on this thread concerning the failure of the 222 where there was NO ota connection? If so, what was the prime failure?

I have had my 22 since December of 07. i had nightmares with mine freezing up 3 to 4 times a day. I give Dish credit they kept sending technicians out to work on the problem and after the 4th trip it is finally working OK. However, it was a pain in the rear while all the problems were occuring. if it freezes up reset the receiver abd it will usually reboot your picture.

Haven't gotten a reply to the question...Many comments that 222 experiences with video and/or audio drop outs. Has anyone experienced these problems where the 222 was not connected to an OTA?

The VIP 222 should be renamed RIP 222. I was on my fourth 211 due to all kinds of problems such as, black screen, shut down for no reason, no signal etc. Each 211 replacement had it's own quirk. Out of frustration I decided to ditch the dish Then they cut me a deal on programming and threw in the dreaded 222. To add another outside dish and get everything working took the tech 7 hours and this guy was very knowledgable. The 222 has problems worst than the 211. Both are buggy and dish knows it. Cancelled dish today.

I've never been banned from that other site, and I've discussed equipment quirks before.

However, I will ask what is unique about your situations that causes you to go through multiple receivers? My original 625 from 3 years ago still works as do my year old 622 and 211. My 211 is actually on top of my A/V receiver. (I'm not blaming you guys. I've had what seems to be incredible luck w/ electronics, since my VCR from 1997 still works as does my DVD player from 2000.)

Haven't gotten a reply to the question...Many comments that 222 experiences with video and/or audio drop outs. Has anyone experienced these problems where the 222 was not connected to an OTA?

I do appreciate the replys to my origional question....but...none of the replies addressed the question. I am well aware of the short-commings related to the 222. HAS ENYONE SEEN BLACK OUTS, FREEZES, or anything different from other model E*receivers, where there was NO OTA connection to the 222? Thanks for a report in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts