VIP222K 1000.4 W unable to find 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lorhall

Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
minneapolis
Have a VIP222K and a 1000.4W that I have been messing with for the past 3 weeks with no success getting 129. I gave up and just got by with missing most of which port which is the 129 port and I moved all around the location I have for the strongest signal (75%). I get nothing from 129 but I only get a strong signal from echostar 119W', which I wouldn't expect to see coming through the 129 lmb and the 129 port. I've had all kinds of sugestions in moving this way or that and nothing has brought a sniff of 129. I was at a friends house this am and he gets 129 right where it's supposed to be. I'm begining to think that my 129 lmb is not a 129 lmb but certainly acts more like a 119 lmb. That's about the only way I can explain this ongoing puzzle.
Anyone ever heard of such a thing?
LORHALL

switch test results.

When you run a switch test what results do you get? you should have 119, 110, 129 in that order.

Yes, I should see 119--110--129 all lined up. I never see that. I get 110 on port 1, Nothing on port 2, and 110 on port 3. I could swear badly every time I get it. On my friends unit Its 119--129--110.
This thing is beginning to mess with my mind! Lorhall

Yes, clear line of sight. No trees no houses, no flying beasts. Should be looking right at stinky 129. I don't mind except I have vertually no HD, and that sucks!

The LNBs are the same they don't have the capability of tuning only 110 or 119 or 129. It is the positioning on the dish that determines what satellite they receive. Your dish is not skewed correctly or it is not aligned correctly, if you have invested in 3 weeks maybe it is time to invest in professional installation.

First step, make sure your mast is plumb. (or it won't work)
step two set the skew for your area and do NOT change.
step three set elevation
step four hookup to port 1
cover the 110 & 129 LNB's
now adjust your azimuth until you find 119 if necessary raise or lower your elevation 1 degree at a time upto 3 degrees should do and try adjusting azimuth each time then adjust for max signal
remove covers from 110 & 120 LNB's and run the check switch, you should now have all three satellites, peak the dish for maximum on all three.

VIP222K not getting 129

The LNBs are the same they don't have the capability of tuning only 110 or 119 or 129. It is the positioning on the dish that determines what satellite they receive. Your dish is not skewed correctly or it is not aligned correctly, if you have invested in 3 weeks maybe it is time to invest in professional installation.

Thank you, I had wondered if the lmbs were tuned for individual freqs. Now I know. As far as the sqew is concerned I have it set for the location I am at. I don't have a lot of help available here in the Bahamas.
Lorhall

Unless you messed up your title, and meant 1000.2 you cant get the WA sats with a 1000.4. You may be able to get it to tune into one, or two of the sats, but you will never get all three with it. It is designed for the EA.

VIP7222K--1000.4 W

Is a 1000.4 usable in the Bahamas?

Sent from my DROIDX
Thanks Kevin, The 1000.2 and the 1000.4W are usable in the Bahamas, the eastern arc is not. The sat 72 is very weak in the Bahamas, don't know why.
Today I went out and did it all over. Covered the 110 and 129, the 2 lmbs to the right. Then using port 1 I peaked 119. Then uncovered all of the lmbs and did the switch test and got the same readings. port 1 was 110, port 2 was X. port 3 was 119.
I then covered 119 and 110 lmbs and just tried to get anything on the 129 lmb. Never could get anything anywhere on that lmb on the far right. It looks like the lmb on the far right just is dead. The signal strength coming in on the 2 lmbs on the left side is about 75. But I don't get any signal at all from the lmb on the right side.

Lorhall

Unless you messed up your title, and meant 1000.2 you cant get the WA sats with a 1000.4. You may be able to get it to tune into one, or two of the sats, but you will never get aW. ll three with it. It is designed for the EA.

The 1000.2 has been replaced by the 1000.4 W . It is supposed to be the same as the 1000.2, and is is for the western arc. Actually uses the same dish as the 1000.4 but has the same LMB setup as the 1000.2. Slightly confusing.

Lorhall

Thanks Kevin, The 1000.2 and the 1000.4W are usable in the Bahamas, the eastern arc is not. The sat 72 is very weak in the Bahamas, don't know why.
Today I went out and did it all over. Covered the 110 and 129, the 2 lmbs to the right. Then using port 1 I peaked 119. Then uncovered all of the lmbs and did the switch test and got the same readings. port 1 was 110, port 2 was X. port 3 was 119.
I then covered 119 and 110 lmbs and just tried to get anything on the 129 lmb. Never could get anything anywhere on that lmb on the far right. It looks like the lmb on the far right just is dead. The signal strength coming in on the 2 lmbs on the left side is about 75. But I don't get any signal at all from the lmb on the right side.

Lorhall
If I understand you correctly, you are covering one of the wrong lnbs and should be covering the outer 2 and pointing for 119 on the center lnb.

Now I am very confused. I am using the installation instrucions for the D1000.4 WA antenna which is for the western arc. On 1 page it shows a picture with lmb linup as (left to rt) 119-110-129.
On page 3 it shows the line up 129-110-119 . For the ports it always shows the line up as 119-110-129. So, as per the picture in the instructions, I have started out by peaking on 119 sat with the 129 lmb (first one on the left side. That could surely change the picture. They really throw a curve with the 1000.4WA instructions.

Lorhall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts