Vip612 output question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dcompton

Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Illinois
Hello all!
I had a question answered by a Dish tech rep, but he didn't sound too sure of himself so I am turning to the valuable pool of information here to try and get a question answered. On the Vip612, when using HDMI, are the other outputs blocked? The tried to tell me that you can only use one video and one audio source at a time. I have a slingbox pro using the composite out and HDMI feeding my sony bravia. I get audio over the slingbox, but no video. My idea was to use component to feed the HDTV to eliminate HDMI as the problem, but as it sounds from the tech if i use component or hdmi or rca, none of the other outputs will work. Like he said, ONE VIDEO and ONE AUDIO at a time. Anyone have any ideas or comments on this? Thanks in advance!

DC

I know the HDMI and composite are active simultaneously. Don't know about the RF nor the component. But my understanding is that they are all active simultaneously.

welcome :wave

all outputs work at the same time. So you could have a TV with HDMI, a 2nd TV for coax if the receiver has one and the RCA jacks going to a DVD recorder

hey thanks for the fast response. it is pretty sad when the general community knows more about dish hardware than their tech reps. I think to get rid of the issues of using hdmi in the same system with a slingbox i will go with component to the tv and then continue using rca to the slingbox. Any ideas on how to connect audio to two sources if using component for HD and a SD output for the slingbox? The root of all this is I am getting audio from my SB Pro, but no video. It is giving me a "weak or no video signal detected" when connecting but plays the audio just fine. From the SB forums, it seems using HDMI in any capacity can cause issues with the SB. Again, thanks for the rapid response.
DC

Well... There is no such issue; the "SB forums" are simply wrong.

To answer the question, you will need two y-adapters, or a very expensive solution involving the optical audio output. If you leave the TV on HDMI, you won't have this issue. By the way, I have a 722 hooked up to the TV using HDMI, to a Hava Platinum using composite, and to a Sony headphone adapter via optical. All work fine and have for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)