VIP622 - Confirmed and Rumoured New Features

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I meant something "affordable" in the way of the PPV package. It would be like Netflix. I am very surprised that this has not been offered yet by Dish Network or Directv. They could at least offer a limited number of movies over a certain time period that could compare with Netflix or a certain number of channels dedicated to this type of service. How about for a monthly fee have availability to some VOD content consisting of new and older movies?

That sounds a whole lot like my idea for the video on demand features. I suggested they did the latest pay per views etc for a set fee like Netflix. I see netflix is getting into the receiver business soon so they can download the latest movies to their subs over the internet and do away with the dvd part. Dish is already set up for this , all they need is the sub pricing structure. LIke 3 pay per views at a time for 17.99 a month, or one pay per view at a time for 9.99 a month. Similar to what Netflix and Blockbuster is doing now.

MikeD-C05 said:
Dish is already set up for this , all they need is the sub pricing structure.

Well, they have the hardware, but that may be the easy part....

They'll need to host the movies on servers. The studios are going to want a piece of that pie, and that could be a long negotiation. We don't know if netflix has acquired permission either.

And, netflix has a HUGE library. I doubt they could store all that. Either the'll build the storage over time as people request the movies, or the low demand stuff could still be sent through the mail.

Cablevision has already been sued for their server-based PVR. The launch has been delayed.

ISPs are also going to want to charge more for the extra bandwidth (deservidly so, this may force network upgrades).

Last edited:
At this rate Dish Network and Directv will be the last ones to offer it. Others will have already offer the service before they will when Dish and Direct should have been the first ones to offer it seeing that they already have their satellite service launched for years already. Cable already has VOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts