VIP622 Fast forward is erratic.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adidadi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
I have 2 Vip622's and the one in the bedroom is acting strange. When I hit fast forward, it hesitates for a second, then shoots forward waaaaay too fast and then has no audio for 3-4 seconds. The one in the home theater is fine. Same, current software on both. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Also the slow motion feature is messed up. It is virtually impossible to check a slow motion replay because it skips far away from the starting point. This was especially annoying to me during the Stanley Cup playoffs.

As I said back in "Annoyed at step motion jumps." I think the problem comes when you pause, do some moving, and start again. I have had it jump up to 1/2 hour backwards.
Have you notice that when you stop near the end while in FF the time left may not be what you expect but more and it will start there, sometimes?
Good feature, if you run out the end of recording, you can back up by steps or REW and it saves that place.
-Ken

Strange, because one of my vip622's is perfect and the one in the bedroom is screwy...

Mine also seems to FF HD content much slower than SD content. Anyone else seing this? Still happy w/ my 622, but this issue is pretty annoying.

I have 2 Vip622's and the one in the bedroom is acting strange. When I hit fast forward, it hesitates for a second, then shoots forward waaaaay too fast and then has no audio for 3-4 seconds. The one in the home theater is fine. Same, current software on both. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Had the same problem a month ago, hard drive eventually died, Dish sent me a new 622, problem gone...Once the hard drive is dying, all kinds of funny stuff starts happening with playback...

Sad thing is I had to contact support about a dead remote and while I had the tech on phone. I asked him about a fix for FF/Rew coming soon but he said he knew of no new SW updates coming yet to deal with it:eek:

Had the same problem a month ago, hard drive eventually died, Dish sent me a new 622, problem gone...Once the hard drive is dying, all kinds of funny stuff starts happening with playback...

This hard drives will die in a few years - they are constantly recording... That's a good reason to lease these boxes instead of buying them. Also depends
on the brand of the drive they are using - is it something good like Seagate or bad like Fujitsu? Anybody open these up and checked ?

Not true. It's a known software issue which they will fix before the next millennium! :rolleyes:

True, but it is believed that the changes that caused the problems were changes introduced so that they would not be violating the TIVO patent. Not confirmed but they mentioned they were working on such changes about the same time they talked about the features introduced in the 4.01 software.

I don't believe it matters if you lease or own. I believe this have been discussed before. You get the one year warranty on the 622 no matter what. After that if you not on the protection plan you SOH. Same as leasing a car, after the manufacturer warranty, you're responsible for the bill even though you're still leasing.

True, but it is believed that the changes that caused the problems were changes introduced so that they would not be violating the TIVO patent. Not confirmed but they mentioned they were working on such changes about the same time they talked about the features introduced in the 4.01 software.

You could be right, I don't know. What I do know is that they need to fix the problem! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts