VIP622 for $199 starting 6/9/06

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sinclair

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
VIP622 for $199 starting 6/9/06 for 811 upgrades

Well, I sat on the fence a long time waiting to upgrade, and when I finally call today to get a 622, the CSR says wait till tommorrow and save $100. I have a 811 that I'd be upgrading, so I know that If I had a 942, it would be free with the rebate. Still with an 18 month commitment of course. Anyways I thought I'd stop lurking and share since I didn't see this elsewhere.:)

Last edited:
Someone else will have to answer that, since I only asked about my situation where I'm and existing customer with a 811, looking for an Mpeg4 HD DVR. I thought new subs always had better deals than est. subs.

It never hurts to ask. If there's one thing we know about dish is they're inconsistant as hell, so depending of how hard you push and how many times you try, you might get someone to see it your way. That is of course as long as you're not talking to CSRs in India, which would equate to talking to a brick wall.

Was your 299 with 200 rebate offer for a 811 upgrade?

Last edited:
You might have to cancel and reschedule. Back in Feb/Mar when the early adopters couldn't wait for the Apr 1 deal with the $200 rebate, even if you called on March 31st and had an April 20th install date, you didn't get the rebate. It was all timed to the date of your order.

The pricing for new customers and existing customers has been updated to $199 upgrade including dish and installation today.

Wow at this price it might make me bite on this deal. Are the metalic packs required to sign up for this deal?

I wont be setting up my HT room until August, but can use the 622 now and get rid of my 522 and 625.

Yep, it's $199 for the 622 for new customers on Dish's website.

PLUS there is a $200 credit ($20 x 10 months) for Dish Bronze HD and above.

Plus you get your choice of Starz, HBO, Show or Sinemax free for 3 months.

Last edited:
I wonder if the $200 credit will be given to those upgrading from a 921/942 to a 622. This would be in addition to the $199 rebate for the trade-in.

It may only be available to subs taking HD for the first time. I would be surprised if Dish gives both the rebate and the credit to a person trading up.

In any case, for someone presently with D* or cable, the new E* offer is a heckeva deal!

Free HD receiver, $200 programming credits, free premium channel for 3 months, free activation if you commit for 18 months. Don't know about the D1000 installation, is this free too?

Go Bears said:
Yep, it's $199 for the 622 for new customers on Dish's website.

PLUS there is a $200 credit ($20 x 10 months) for Dish Bronze HD and above.

Plus you get your choice of Starz, HBO, Show or Sinemax free for 3 months.

So now with this price drop, Charlie must be ready to release a new pair of HD receivers, on MPEG-8, just to ^&*% all the 211/622 adopters:devil:

Just got off the phone with two different CSRs, programming credits are only for new customers. However, one CSR told me existing subs would get $10/month credits, the other told me no credits. Might try calling them up (putting the gun to my head) again later tonight to see what kind of answer I get. So far they haven't changed the website to read "new customers only".

VP622 and leasing fees and recording fees per month?

VP622 and leasing fees and recording fees per month?
Spoke with a CSR and he says that the old customers' get
only $10' discount/10 months instead of $20/10 mths (only' for new cust.).

Also he says it costs 5.98( lease fees) + ' 6(recording fees) per month on VIP622.
I was not aware of this recording fees before?. Is this something new
or was it already there before? So for VIP622, we will end up paying 11/month
extra apart from the $200 leased fees?

I just got off the phone and the deal for me was $199 for an upgrade from 942 to 622 (I lease) but they are only giving a $100 trade-in for the old 942. So it is still $99 that I have to pay. Sigh... They just make it sound more attractive now. Well I only have $199 charged on my credit card instead of $299 - I guess that's something.

:confused:

The retail price of the 622 has already dropped so this must be the result. They waited a little longer to drop the upfront lease cost than they did with dropping the retail price if you wanted to purchase it outright.

I was understanding that if you already have a 942 as I do and you wanted to upgrade to the 622 it was costing you $199 and you were gettinga $200 credit. Is this not correct? I was all for it before as it would obviously be fee as I just shelled out $299 to lease the 942 last September and I am not willing to fork over any more just yet. So do I get only a $100 credit or $200 credit for existing 942 customers?

Scott,

From my personal experience (as of 5pm today) I will get only a $100 credit for my 942. They did drop the price of the 622 from $299 to $199, but they also dropped the credit for a leased 942 (to $100). So for me the net result is the same - I will owe $99 to get the upgrade to a 942. Which is fine but people need to know the full story. The original post didn't mention this detail so it sounded like it would be a free exchange which it isn't (at least in my case).

Anyway I'm fine with the $99 upgrade offer but it sounded like it was going to be free. At least I'll just have a $199 charge on my credit card versus a $299 charge (until they receive my 942). I just wanted people to know what the real deal was from someone who just did it. As always with Dish - check all your facts first!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts