VIP622 for $199 starting 6/9/06

No lease fee for 622

There is not a lease fee for the 622 if you keep the receiver plugged into a phone line. Goes for old and new customers. Period

no

T2k said:
So if I trash my current 6000U and DVR510 units and get this 622, it comes for free (apart from the monthly DVR fee)? I doubt it, not even with a year of commitment...
There is a $199 upgrade fee for anyone. 18 month commitment to at least at 60 or equiv. The 211 is $49 and the same commit applies. The lease fee is a monthly fee, either you pay it or you don't.

pabisc said:
There is not a lease fee for the 622 if you keep the receiver plugged into a phone line. Goes for old and new customers. Period

that's the additional outlet fee that gets waived with the phone line plugged in, not the lease fee.

get your fees straight ;)

beasleyiv said:
There is if you're an existing customer. New subs don't have to pay the lease fee for the first receiver. That's what CSR #3 on friday told me.

This is crazy - so as an existing customer, if I upgrade to a 622 I'll keep the lease fee - but new customers are exempt from the lease fee?

Only if that's their only receiver, because the first receiver is free, even for you. You'd still pay the $5.98 a month DVR fee, and so would a new customer. At least that's my understanding. Now, can somone please answer my question - it's the last one on the previous page (page 4)?

luckycat said:
This is crazy - so as an existing customer, if I upgrade to a 622 I'll keep the lease fee - but new customers are exempt from the lease fee?

That's right, gettin' the shaft once again.

pabisc said:

I do not believe this to be true. Everywhere it is posted that there is a fee (at least for existing customers) and when calling customer service, they confirm this whether there is a phone line attached or not. If there isn't one, they charge an additional fee on top of the lease fee. Anyone else have info to dispute this?

kokomogator said:
I do not believe this to be true. Everywhere it is posted that there is a fee (at least for existing customers) and when calling customer service, they confirm this whether there is a phone line attached or not. If there isn't one, they charge an additional fee on top of the lease fee. Anyone else have info to dispute this?
I called and talked to someone at Dish yesterday, and he said that there is a lease fee(I would be upgrading), but that it replaces the additional reciever fee. In other words, I am currently paying a $5 addition reciever fee for my 942, with the 622, I would be paying a lease fee instead of the addition reciever fee. So I wouldn't be paying any more in a fee's a month.

If I didn't keep the 622 plugged into the phone line, I would pay another $5 fee(additional output fee) in addition to the lease fee.

Last edited:
$10 per month for existing subs only if total least

I just called Dish to get the upgrade. The $100 credit ($10 per month) is only if you are a total lease customer, e.g. you lease all of your equipment (the reciever, the dish, anything else), like you be if you had the Digital Home Advantage lease. In fact in the FAQ reference below, it also says this. Since I own the disk and only lease my current 522 recieve, I do not qualify for the $10 off.

My new bill includes:
DishHD Gold with locals: 74.99
DVR fee : 5.98
ViP 622 lease fee : 5.00
warranty (optional) : 1.99

The installation includes an upgrade to a Dish 1000 but does not include an OTA attenna since I can get locals from Dish.

BrianB said:
Here's the link: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/promotion/100back/index.asp

FAQS: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/promotion/100backfaqs/index.shtml

There are two credits - one for new customers that is $10/month for 10 months and one for new AND current customers who upgrade to HD on or after June 9th for $10/month for 10 months.

I have a 942 and called dish today. I was told I could pay $199, get a $200 credit BUT this was only to lease the box for $6/month. is this correct? I said I have been a dish customer for years and have always purchased my equipment. I was then told, I could buy the 622, but $500, which seems a bit much having just bought my 942 last october.

It seems a bit much to add $6 to my bill....is this the right path? do i press harder with another customer "service" rep? i was told these were my only two options...hopefully that is not true.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...

spamatdan said:
I have a 942 and called dish today. I was told I could pay $199, get a $200 credit BUT this was only to lease the box for $6/month. is this correct? I said I have been a dish customer for years and have always purchased my equipment. I was then told, I could buy the 622, but $500, which seems a bit much having just bought my 942 last october.

It seems a bit much to add $6 to my bill....is this the right path? do i press harder with another customer "service" rep? i was told these were my only two options...hopefully that is not true.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...
There is no discount if you purchase the 622. No amount of bugging the CSR's will change that.

If you want to purchase the 622, I suggest you buy it from either dishdepot, or Dishnetwork, and then sale your 942 on ebay and get about $250-300 for it, making the cost of purchasing the 622 only $200-250.

Last edited:
Are they still giving any kind of credit for returning an 811 with this promotion. I noticed you can still get about $50 for one on Ebay.

I am joining the bandwagon on the 622. I have been sitting on the fence for a while, and this new deal gave me the push. I am getting conflicting reports on the $10 credit for 10 months on existing customers. I lease all of my equipment, but the CSR never mentioned anything about the credit, he said it's for NEW CUSTOMERS only. I did read the FAQs on the dishnetwork site and I think I should get credit. I'll make sure I call about that later.

A few questions for those in the know.

Is there a way to convert the remote for TV1 to UHF? Can I just keep my 811 remote like one member did? Won't they look for it when you return the 811.

I have an OTA on my roof. It is duplexed together with the 811. But now that I will be connecting a 2nd TV for 622. Will there be enough space on my coax cable to run the satellite signal, the OTA signal and the signal going to my 2nd TV? Like the others have said, I do believe the OTA signal is much better than the one they provide with the satellite.

More power to E*. I hope they continue to add more HD channels.

onay said:
I am joining the bandwagon on the 622. I have been sitting on the fence for a while, and this new deal gave me the push. I am getting conflicting reports on the $10 credit for 10 months on existing customers. I lease all of my equipment, but the CSR never mentioned anything about the credit, he said it's for NEW CUSTOMERS only. I did read the FAQs on the dishnetwork site and I think I should get credit. I'll make sure I call about that later.
I'm an existing customer, and the guy that I talked to said I would get the $10 off bill for 10 months.

jstorm42 said:
Are they still giving any kind of credit for returning an 811 with this promotion. I noticed you can still get about $50 for one on Ebay.
Yes. I just upgraded my owned 811 and 301 to a 622 for $199 plus a $6 monthly lease. They sent me 2 dish network empty boxes so I can return them for $25 each. I have 45 days to return them in order to get the credit. The boxes are postpaid so I just drop them off at UPS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts