ViP622 & Monthly Charges

timmyt101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Phoenix AZ
I'm looking at replacing my 811 & 301 with a 622. What's the $5.00 a month charge for if I don't have a phone line connected? The CSR was not helpful on that one. Thanks.

DISH_NC said:
I was told that the charge was for LEASED multi-tuner PVR's.... Haven't heard if this charge applied if you owned your 622.

The lease and phone line charges are separate. The phone line charge applies to all 622's if not connected.

NightRyder

I have a leased 811 and a 622 that I purchased for $495. Both are plugged into phone. My bill came yesterday. It had $6 2nd receiver charge (the 811), $0 DVR charge, $105 for sub to every channel available. They also started charging for the protection plan $5.95 since its past the 12th month which I got to cancel.

NightRyder said:
The lease and phone line charges are separate. The phone line charge applies to all 622's if not connected.

NightRyder

OK ... but WHY $5 for NOT having a line connected? I thought have the phone line was for ordering pay-per-view and caller ID. I want to dump Qwest, but then Dish hits me for another $5???

timmyt101 said:
OK ... but WHY $5 for NOT having a line connected? I thought have the phone line was for ordering pay-per-view and caller ID. I want to dump Qwest, but then Dish hits me for another $5???

A couple of reasons.

1. Dish wants to be sure the receiver is where it's supposed to be, it calls home and Dish records the originating number. This is to prevent account sharing.

2. Dish WANTS you to order PPV and use the interactive features that require a phone line connection.

I'm not crazy about the phone line requirement either but that's their current policy. On the plus side it gives most people an option to have more than 1 TV connected without incurring the $5 extra receiver fee.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts