Vip622 monthly fees

JWC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
Does anyone know the monthly fee structure for the 622, assuming you have another dish receiver, a phone line connected to all of them and you subscribe to at least one of the qualifying services. For example would you have to pay for a monthly lease fee and/or an additional rx access fee, DVR fee, and possibly a second set fee for the 622 output to TV2. If the 622 is the only dish receiver, what changes? Maybe some of this might be clearer next week if you are lucky enough to talk to someone or if we are lucky enough to get the dish web site to have accurate update information.

Best guess now would be a $6 lease fee and a $5.98 DVR fee assuming you are going to lease from DISH. The additional outlet fee of $5 should not be charged as long as plugged into a phone line and the $6 HD Enabling fee won't be charged as long as you are subscribing to HD programming.

The idea with all of these new fees is to have the subscriber keep his phone line plugged into his receivers and to have the customer take the higher programming pack; Aep /Plat pack to escape all of the extra dvr fees , hd enabeling fees etc. I have done the math and I can actually pay about $2.00 more to sub to the Hd gold pack than to go with the Hd Plat pack with everything. It is all of the fees added together that eats away with the savings. The best value now is going to be the AEP/Plat hd pack .

Does HD plat pack waive ALL fees? Lease, HD and DVR? If so, that's $17 (or is there an extra $5 savings in there as well?), which is a decent discount, but not less than Gold, unless you are talking the Gold+ package with a premium added in?

It will eliminate the dvr fees ( in my case 2 x 5.98= 11.96) and the hd enabeling fee of 6.00 because you will be subbed to the hd pack in addition to the AEP.

It won't eliminate the lease fee unless the 622 is your only receiver. IF you have a 622 and say a 942 receiver , You will still be charged a $ 6.00 fee , because the additional receiver is an hd receiver so it will be charged an additional receiver fee of $6.00. Either way you will only pay one fee on the additional receiver. If the the 942 receiver is the main receiver on your account then the 622 will have the lease fee of $6.00 .

The additional receiver fee will only apply to the extra owned receivers and the lease fee will only apply to the leased receivers after the first one leased. The first leased receiver has no lease fee as it is included in the programming pack. So in the above receiver set up of a leased 622 and an owned 942 receiver it will be either a 6.00 lease fee or a 6.00 additional receiver fee, not both. Depending on which receiver will be listed as your main receiver is what the 6.00 fee will be called.

The best programming pack for your money will be the Plat hd pack since it does eliminate most fees , unless you don't keep your receivers hooked up to a phone line. Then it will be hit by the programming access fee of 4.99 unless it goes up to 5.00 next month or higher. I really don't know yet but everything else is going up so I am sure it will too.

In my case if I sub to the Gold pack the extra dvr fees and the additional hd receiver fee will come to $17.96 a month. Add that to the basic gold pack price of 89.99 without locals and you have 107.95 just for the base pack before I add the distant pack of locals for 5.99 and the super station Wb for 1.50 plus the Dishflix magazine = 117.39.

Compare the above gold pack to the Plat hd pack which starts at 99.99 without locals + Distant locals pack for 5.99+ Superstation Wb for 1.50 + Dishflix magazine for 1.95 + additional hd receiver for 6.00 = 115.43

Which would you choose ? More fees and less programming or pay $1.96 less and get ALL PREMIUM MOVIE CHANNELS and no extra cable like fees?

The choice is clear to me . I am staying with the Hd Plat pack and saving more money and getting more channels for it.

I see. I thought the basic gold pack was less than that. Are you sure you aren't talking Gold+ pack with one premium package? I'm pretty sure the gold package is $70, not $80 base. So that makes the cost 107.39 vs. platinum for 115.43. Which is still a great deal if you want the premium stations ($8 for all the premiums!)

Currently I have a 721+6000HD and the AT180+locals. I have no HD right now because I don't have the dish up and the 6000 sucks so bad I don't care enough. I have an additional receiver fee, but no HD access fee (because it is a 6000HD) and no DVR fee (because it is a model 721). My current bill is $57 a month. it will be going up to something like $62 with raises in fees and pogramming costs soon.

I want to move to ONLY a Vip622. I don't care about any premium packs, but would like the new HD package and HD locals (I'm in LA). I will lease the Vip622 and they will put the Dish 1000 up included in that.

So what is my monthly cost with the HDGold Pack + locals for this one receiver solution?
It sounds like it would be $81 (no lease fee with a leased 622 as the only receiver?), or is it $87 with lease fee?
And my cost for the HDPlat Pack + locals looks like it would be $105 (or again, is it $111 with the lease fee?).

Thanks for the help.

Sorry I was looking at the price of the Gold pack with two premiums at 89.99 . The regular price would be 69.99 without locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)