VIP622 Pixation on SD Local Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gbubar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2004
My friend recently upgraded to the VIP622 DVR and has had pixation problems with the SD local channels out of Sacramento, CA. He presently does not have a HDTV (long story) so he is limited to the SD channels. The pixation only happens on the local channels and has happened while watching "live" programs or on those programs they have recorded. Dish has switched out the VIP622 once already thinking the problem was with the hard drive. They have also had the dish realigned, to no avail. Anyone else having this problem in the Sacramento area?

Same exact problems with my old man's 622. But it's the HD locals.
BTW, dish already swapped out his first 622. Still the problem remains.

Pixalation is always a problem with the SD local channels on both E* and D*. The locals are compressed much more that the national channels, so more channels can fit on a transponder. The pixalation is especially bad on scenes with a lot of movement such as sports. They look the same way with any dish receiver. If he is in range of the digital OTA signals this would be the best way to go since the 622 has a built in OTA tuner. Digital OTA will look better on any TV, even an older SD one.

Everyone, Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to talk my friend into putting up an antenna when he first got the 622, but no way will his wife allow him to do so. Therefore, I told him to try and watch the MPEG 4 HD Locals in 480i format and see if he has the same problem?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)