Vip622 Static IP

JayG27

Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Is there anyway to assign a static IP on the VIP 622?

The long and the short of it is I am using a Linksys WRT54GS running WW-DRT v24SP1 in Client Bridge mode and it dosnt pass DHCP addresses for some reason so everything on the other side has to have a static IP address.

The long and the short of it is I am using a Linksys WRT54GS running WW-DRT v24SP1 in Client Bridge mode and it dosnt pass DHCP addresses for some reason so everything on the other side has to have a static IP address.

Are there any other PCs on the inside that are on all the time? I'm thinking you might run Internet Connection Sharing on an XP box, or DHCP on a server. You might also get an old cable or DSL router and just configure the inside port to give a pool of addresses the same IP range as your WRT54GS is using, or daisy chain it in front of the WRT54GS. I.E., have all home devices behind the old router with its outside address the internal of the WRT54GS.

Set up a static DHCP address for the 622 in your router's configuration. Track down the MAC address of the 622 and enter with a value within the range and go from there.

DD-WRT sounds pretty sketchy for firmware that doesn't even include a DHCP server (which is definitely a standard feature on any router). You might try sveasoft firmware (sveasoft.com) as a better alternative - that's what I use in my WRT54GL.

I have a slightly different setup from you, the Linksys with a Buffalo router as the bridge, but I put the satellite box MAC address in the Linksys setup as a good MAC. So the Linksys passes it through that way. I actually entered all of the MAC addresses for my various components and told the Linksys to only let these devices through.

Hope that helps,
Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)