Vip722 and Samsung LCD TV

pmgreen

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I have a new samsung lcd and a ViP722 receiver. The infrared remote will not work unless I am 3 inches away from the receiver. I am told the tv is causing interference. The TV is behind the receiver and roughtly 1 foot below the TV. Any suggestions on getting this to work?

What model Sammy do you have?

My receiver sits right below my LN-S4696D, only about 4-5 inches below and immediately in front of the TV. I have had no problems with this setup.

I am not sure how the TV could cause an IR beam to disperse enough to matter without screwing up its own IR reception.

Ted

I have a new samsung lcd and a ViP722 receiver. The infrared remote will not work unless I am 3 inches away from the receiver. I am told the tv is causing interference. The TV is behind the receiver and roughtly 1 foot below the TV. Any suggestions on getting this to work?

I can't remember for sure (CRS!), but I saw this problem with a Samsung TV posted before somewhere and the problem was solved by changing the remote address on the Dish remote. :confused: Try it, hope this helps!
Ed

Hi Ted

I have a LN-S4692D. If I get right infront of the 722 the remote works. The techs that were here turned off the TV and changed a channel using the remote. That worked so they deemed the issue the TV.

Any thoughts?

Hi Ted

I have a LN-S4692D. If I get right infront of the 722 the remote works. The techs that were here turned off the TV and changed a channel using the remote. That worked so they deemed the issue the TV.

Any thoughts?

The idea of changing the address of the remote sounds plausible. I would try that.

I have never heard of this problem before.

Ted

i had that problem couple of times. have you tried moving receiver out to the side, or as far away from TV as you can?

the tech tried to change the remote, but when he did only remote 2 would change. He wasn't able highlight remote one to make that remote change. They mentioned something about a uhf upgrade or putting a tent infront of the infrared. if someone knows how to make this work, please let me know.

haven't tried moving the receiver, do you know how far away from the TV it needs to be?

thanks everyone for your help.

the tech tried to change the remote, but when he did only remote 2 would change. He wasn't able highlight remote one to make that remote change. They mentioned something about a uhf upgrade or putting a tent infront of the infrared. if someone knows how to make this work, please let me know.

haven't tried moving the receiver, do you know how far away from the TV it needs to be?

thanks everyone for your help.
You've got to use TV1's remote (IR) to change the the address for TV1. Your installer must have been trying to change it with the TV2 remote. Doesn't surprise me. The instructions for changing addresses are on page 72 of your 722's user manual. They are the same for TV1 and TV2 but you must use the applicable remote for each TV. Bet this works:confused:.

Ed

Hey Guys,

I got it to work.. get this I moved the receiver about an 1 inch back on the entertainment center so the IR is just behind the tv, less than a half inch. It works like a champ from all over.

Wish the 2 techs and 1 trainer would have thought of this during the 4 days they were at my house.

THANKS ALL :D

There is a known problem with some LCD TV's and some IR remotes, not just Dish remotes. In most cases, the interference is only when the lamp is warming up, about the first 20-30 minutes after you have first turned on your TV. The solution that works 100% is to purchase a Dish Network RF remote for TV1 for about $20. Now IR is irrelevant. I did this with my Sharp because I really didn't want to wait for 20 minutes before I can reliable control the box. Of course, you may find another solution offered by others on this board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts