VIP722-DVR-HD with OTA Module and Hopper questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
I currently have a VIP722-DVR-HD with a dual OTA module. When I ordered it I thought that if I could not get the Sats to lock in or the sat antenna was not connected I could use the OTA module to record shows from the OTA antenna mounted on my RV roof. However I have never gotten it to work. The only time the OTA module gets locals is when the receiver is connected to the dish. Is this normal operation?

Can you get a OTA module in the hopper similar to the dual one in the VIP722-DVR-HD?

Hopper series only accepts a single USB OTA tuner per Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I currently have a VIP722-DVR-HD with a dual OTA module. When I ordered it I thought that if I could not get the Sats to lock in or the sat antenna was not connected I could use the OTA module to record shows from the OTA antenna mounted on my RV roof. However I have never gotten it to work. The only time the OTA module gets locals is when the receiver is connected to the dish. Is this normal operation?

Can you get a OTA module in the hopper similar to the dual one in the VIP722-DVR-HD?

When your sat signal goes out you can still access your OTA channels. It can be a pain in the butt, but it works. You have to get to the program guide by either pressing the Guide button or going into the menu and selecting Program Guide. From there you should be able to select your OTA channels. The same thing can happen with the Hopper and it's OTA dongle.

When your sat signal goes out you can still access your OTA channels. It can be a pain in the butt, but it works. You have to get to the program guide by either pressing the Guide button or going into the menu and selecting Program Guide. From there you should be able to select your OTA channels. The same thing can happen with the Hopper and it's OTA dongle.

Doesn't the Sat line need to be connected?

If it is just a temporary outage, you'll have the guide data that was downloaded to the DVR prior to the outage. If you put your Dish account on Pause, like I have done in the past, then you'll have no guide data. On the vanilla 722, I could set up manual timers for time and OTA channel and the recording would be labelled " Digital Service " or something like that. I just went in and renamed the recordings manually. I STILL have to do it this way with the local low-power stations and some sub-channels that have not made it into Dish's guide. I just use TitanTV on-line or visit the channel's web page for program information and set manual timers accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)