Vip722 DVR output to Philips dvd recorder

K.Stores

Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Texas
I'm having trouble getting my VIP722 receiver to work with my philips DVD recorder. I have done this many times with other dish network receivers with no problems. Right now I have the receiver connected to my Vizio tv with HDMI cable. When I hooked up the dvd recorder with s-video and audio cables it wasn't recognizing any input. I set it on air and cable and scan the channels. Do I have it connected wrong, is there a different set up I should try? Do I have to change settings on the receiver?
Can I keep my hdmi cable connected through receiver to tv?

All outputs are live on that receiver. No need to disconnect the HDMI.

With S-video, the air/cable setting has no effect.

First, I'd check that the DVD recorder is set to the correct input. There are no settings changes required on the ViP722 in this instance. If you wish to try recording from coax, then you'd need both set to air or cable.

You might also want to check your recorder - is it working with other sources, or has it given up the ghost?

A few questions.

Is your problem with hooking up the Philips DVD Recorder to the TV or hooking up the DVR to the DVD recorder?

You seem to be talking about scanning for channels. Is this a setup with the tuner in the OTA/QAM tuner in the DVD recorder? Some DVD recorders do not even have tuners but I assume yours does----either that or you are trying to pick up signals from the DVD recorder and if it is hooked up the way you say there won't be any.

My recommendation is HDMI from the receiver to the TV and from the DVD recorder to the TV. Then use component video (RGB) and audio from the receiver to the recorder.

IF your DVD recorder has a tuner hook up the coax from the antenna or cable to the DVD recorder and then run the setup routine for the appropriate video source.

Does that help at all?

I also suggest that this thread be moced to a more appropriate forum. There is no 922 involved in the thread.

If you use the coax, the "in home distribution" then you will need to tune in the correct channel, which you select on the ViP722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)