VIP722 HDCP encryption from dvi-i to HDMI?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cpformula

Original poster
May 14, 2011
Ohio
This is my first post and I'm not sure it's in the right section.....

I'm setting up an older 1080i projector (Christie LX25) and will be connecting it to a VIP722 receiver. The connection options on the back of the Christie LX25 is dvi-i in order to get a 1080i signal. The VIP722 of course doesn't have dvi-i. I contacted Christie and asked if they recommend using a dvi-i to HDMI cable and was advised yes... although it may not work due to HDCP encryption through the VIP722. I was advised to then go dvi-i to component cable.

Has anyone connected a dvi-i to HDMI on a VIP722 and not run into HDCP encryption issues? Other suggestions for this existing setup?

Any help is appreciated.

This is my first post and I'm not sure it's in the right section.....

I'm setting up an older 1080i projector (Christie LX25) and will be connecting it to a VIP722 receiver. The connection options on the back of the Christie LX25 is dvi-i in order to get a 1080i signal. The VIP722 of course doesn't have dvi-i. I contacted Christie and asked if they recommend using a dvi-i to HDMI cable and was advised yes... although it may not work due to HDCP encryption through the VIP722. I was advised to then go dvi-i to component cable.

Has anyone connected a dvi-i to HDMI on a VIP722 and not run into HDCP encryption issues? Other suggestions for this existing setup?

Any help is appreciated.

Checking google, the projector is listed as (source):

Digital Input: DVI-I (HDCP)

Assuming the DVI-I input is HDCP compliant, it should work without any issue (just a HDMI->DVI cable), or a HDMI->HDMI, and then HDMI->DVI converter

I have an older plasma TV that has a DVI input. It does not have an HDMI input. I bought an HDMI to DVI cable from monoprice.com and it worked fine with my 622. Also no problems when I upgraded to a 722, and when that hard drive failed, I got a 722k, and no problems there either. I also use the HDMI to DVI cable with my WDTV Live Plus, and I know that the HDCP copy protection is being recognized because netflix is playing at 1080i. (The netflix app will not allow HD if it doesn't recognize the HDCP protection).

I have an older plasma TV that has a DVI input. It does not have an HDMI input. I bought an HDMI to DVI cable from monoprice.com and it worked fine with my 622. Also no problems when I upgraded to a 722, and when that hard drive failed, I got a 722k, and no problems there either. I also use the HDMI to DVI cable with my WDTV Live Plus, and I know that the HDCP copy protection is being recognized because netflix is playing at 1080i. (The netflix app will not allow HD if it doesn't recognize the HDCP protection).

I too used to drive a 1080i TV (Sony 46" CRT Rear Projection) from both a 622 and then 722 via a HDMI to DVI cable from monoprice. No issues at all.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. That puts my mind to ease. I went ahead and ordered the dvi-i to hdmi cable today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)