VIP722 Low Volume on RF?

Murph74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Hey folks, got (2) 722's here.

One in the bedroom in single mode and all is well.

Another in the basement theater area is in dual mode-- feeding my projector on TV1, and a couple other tvs on TV2. RF output is enabled on both TV outputs on channels 60 and 62. I also have a DVD player combined onto the same coax on channel 3. Here's my problem:

Channel 3, the DVD player, is normally off. But when we do use it, the volume is consistent with that of the old dual dish receiver I had.

On the 722, Channels 60 and 62 are so soft in volume, that I have to crank the volume almost to max on any tv I turn those channels on to be reasonably audible. I've tried without the DVD player inserted on the line, tried hooking up to just one TV, and tried everything I could think of including Menu settings on the 722.

Am I missing something or is the 722 RF volume just super low? The Digital out to the receiver in the home theater doesn't seem to be low, so I'm lost on this one!

Thanks in Advance!
Murph

I have the same problem with the 622. However, both RF outputs as lower than digital but I don't have to turn my TV up all the way. I have complained to Dish frequently but the Customer service reps don't seem to understand what the point is. The receivers could easily be designed with a software control of the loudness of all audio outputs but Dish does not seem to be motivated to do so. They should be. If I were you I would complain loud and long and get them to replace the receiver, if you have the service plan which you should have. This may help but I have replaced my 622 8 times for various reasons and all have low audio loudness on RF.
M

VIP 722 TV2 sound volume

All: I have the VIP 722 as well; the dual TV2 connection is to the kitchen. I have a brand new Sharp 19" LCD TV and with the volume all the way up you can't here it if any noise in the area (fan, cooking, etc.). I specifically wanted the dual so I wouldn't need a box on the counter (no room). I had the Dish technician out and his explanation was "it's the TV" and "any time you split a signal you're going to lose some output." I tried my old Sony analog TV and it's volume can be turned up loud enough.

So, given that this is a problem and the fact that Dish is unwilling to admit it so they don't have to replace a few thousand receivers, is there an amplifier we can use to increase the output from TV2? Any help will be appreciated. JJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts