VIP722 Receivers

TheMissingLink22

Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
USA
I have left Dish to go with DirecTV. Dish says they didn't need my VIP722 receivers back. I received an e-mail from them asking to not to attempt to sell them as they are obsolete. I obviously don't want to sell these if nobody would have a use for them. I was hoping someone could confirm if the receivers would have a use to potential buyers, or if there is no point in trying to sell them? This is not the 722k version. They are the VIP722.

Reactions: TheKrell
I'm surprised they don't want them back, since they're still being refurbished and used to replace 222's with the HD disabled

Reactions: charlesrshell
Even if they will still activate them on new accounts (they probably don't) they will flag them as the leased receivers they are, so if you do sell decide to sell them, list as for parts only, there may be someone willing to give you a few bucks for them.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm surprised they don't want them back, since they're still being refurbished and used to replace 222's with the HD disabled

Don't you mean "with the DVR disabled"?

How about my owned 722? I thought I could sell this, but my H3 installer said it was useless. I know it's obsolete according to Dish, but I loved it because the EHD just worked (the EHD on my H3 is still AWOL), and the menus were much easier to deal with than the tiled interface.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Don't you mean "with the DVR disabled"?

How about my owned 722? I thought I could sell this, but my H3 installer said it was useless. I know it's obsolete according to Dish, but I loved it because the EHD just worked (the EHD on my H3 is still AWOL), and the menus were much easier to deal with than the tiled interface.
Thought you would be the last one to let dish pry your VIP's from your cold dead fingers:eek::biggrin Guess it will be me!

Thought you would be the last one to let dish pry your VIP's from your cold dead fingers:eek::biggrin Guess it will be me!

Yeah, first Dish broke the ability to watch programs off the EHD via Dish Anywhere, and then they broke iVOD almost completely. (It occasionally worked on my 722 and leased 612's, but mostly it was unusable.) So, since my wife was pushing me to get the iVOD part going again, I upgraded to the H3. Now the iVOD works (though with difficulty from the God-awful CUI), but my EHD's are seldom visible at all from the H3. :(

Yeah, first Dish broke the ability to watch programs off the EHD via Dish Anywhere, and then they broke iVOD almost completely. (It occasionally worked on my 722 and leased 612's, but mostly it was unusable.) So, since my wife was pushing me to get the iVOD part going again, I upgraded to the H3. Now the iVOD works (though with difficulty from the God-awful CUI), but my EHD's are seldom visible at all from the H3. :(
What problem are you having with VOD?

Reactions: charlesrshell
What problem are you having with VOD?

It works but finding anything is an annoyance. On the VIP receiver line, you could easily get to the Internet part and search for stuff. On the Hopper, it's just not obvious how to search for stuff and understand where it's coming from.

It works but finding anything is an annoyance. On the VIP receiver line, you could easily get to the Internet part and search for stuff. On the Hopper, it's just not obvious how to search for stuff and understand where it's coming from.
Yeah, I suppose. You know about using Options in the VOD App to narrow down your search to Genres, Free or Paid, etc?

Yeah, I suppose. You know about using Options in the VOD App to narrow down your search to Genres, Free or Paid, etc?

I'm not surprised that you can find similar functionality. Why do I need to fumble around in options when it was right there on a VIP receiver? This is just another impediment to use. The sad fact of the matter is, since we dropped our 2 leased 612's and 1 owned 722, we have hardly been watching Dish at all. This new GUI is a disaster IMHO. And now I can't even access my EHDs. This is no way to keep your customers. I'm thinking of telling Dish to take their buggy, intransigent, and counter-intuitive H3 and both Joeys and re-enable my 722. At least I could watch all the stuff I have recorded over the years. Maybe go with a Flex Pack or two.

I'm not surprised that you can find similar functionality. Why do I need to fumble around in options when it was right there on a VIP receiver? This is just another impediment to use. The sad fact of the matter is, since we dropped our 2 leased 612's and 1 owned 722, we have hardly been watching Dish at all. This new GUI is a disaster IMHO. And now I can't even access my EHDs. This is no way to keep your customers. I'm thinking of telling Dish to take their buggy, intransigent, and counter-intuitive H3 and both Joeys and re-enable my 722. At least I could watch all the stuff I have recorded over the years. Maybe go with a Flex Pack or two.
Just when I was kind of thinking of upgrading...I guess I'll stick with old reliable.

Well, I don't have EHD's, yet, although I should. I have 191 movies I'd like to never use. Just for me, I hated the On Demand on the VIP's. It's slow to find anything and only shows a few titles at a time, and I never could get the search figured out, although I've only had to do it a handful of times for customers. I used VOD on the Hopper all the time by either doing a search for a particular movie, or using Options to set filters for a general search

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)