VIP722

That can be changed. Go to the menu, preferences, record plus and you'll see how you can change the default to TV 2. I posted this on the tech Portal and the best answer I got was to keep it in solo mode so that your 722 acts like a 612. It seems like you had it that way but we're still having problems. I wish I was more proficient with VIP receivers but if you end up going with the hopper 3 you'll never have a problem with recording again
H/3 and Joey install tomorrow.

Reactions: HipKat
You wish you were more proficient with ViPs? Better to be more proficient with Model Ts. In a year, there may be more of them in use than ViPs!

:devilish.

Reactions: HipKat
The Hopper 3 and Joey install went well. The 52.0 remote works well, except, the pairing code DISH says to use (3092), does not power on the surround sound. It does its job powering on the DVR and TV which has its own code. Anyone using a different code for a Klipsch CS-500 unit? The surround sound needs to powered on manually. For some reason the 52.0 remote doesn't like the 500 unit? Thanks...

The Hopper 3 and Joey install went well. The 52.0 remote works well, except, the pairing code DISH says to use (3092), does not power on the surround sound. It does its job powering on the DVR and TV which has its own code. Anyone using a different code for a Klipsch CS-500 unit? The surround sound needs to powered on manually. For some reason the 52.0 remote doesn't like the 500 unit? Thanks...

I've run into that with some audio systems where it would change the volume but not power on and off. I'm guessing you tried to manually put in the model number?

I've run into that with some audio systems where it would change the volume but not power on and off. I'm guessing you tried to manually put in the model number?
The settings link that opens to the audio system allows for viewing of the Klipsch models. The CS-500 was one of two so I selected that and the code 3092 links open. I also tried manually inputting the code #. But it doesn't allow the remote to access the Klipsch power on/off. My Logitech universal remote still powers the Klipsch on/off, just not the 52.0 remote. That's why I thought there may be another code number?

You might be better off with a 40.0 Hopper remote, as it can learn IR codes that might NOT exist in E*'s database...also you might actually be more physically comfortable with it, as it's layout is basically identical to your VIP remote...

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts