VIP722K OTA modular question.

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Have three on order, have done a lot of reading and some say it is a dual OTA tuner. Some say it locks up receiver. Most of what I have found is 6 months to a year old as threads go. Are both is the dual OTA tuner internal? And to me it looks like the channel 3/4 out put is redundant? Guess what I am looking for is anybody who is using these now and have current software. Any thoughts thanks.:D

Have three on order, have done a lot of reading and some say it is a dual OTA tuner. Some say it locks up receiver. Most of what I have found is 6 months to a year old as threads go. Are both is the dual OTA tuner internal? And to me it looks like the channel 3/4 out put is redundant? Guess what I am looking for is anybody who is using these now and have current software. Any thoughts thanks.:D

I have one and I have had no problems with it. Works perfectly. To answer your main question:

Yes, it's dual tuner. I can record on two OTA channels at the same time which means with the receiver I have (same one as you) I can record FOUR different programs:

1) DISH Satellite Tuner 1
2) DISH Satellite Tuner 2
3) DISH OTA Tuner 1
4) DISH OTA Tuner 2

Anything else you need to know?

dual OTA

Yes it's dual OTA tuner. You pull a plate off back of DVR and put it into there. The TV 2 RF output doesn't output 3/4 so somewhat redundant but it's for TV 1 not TV 2. Only makes the DVR lockup if the you have problems with reception of OTA channel going on. As in it's tuned to a local OTA channel that is weak goes in and out and you have left it tuned to that channel.

Have had no problems with either module on my 722K and 222K for almost 2 years, I think. In fact, they are better at locking signal than my TiVo Series 3.

Thanks answers my questions, the 722's were a upgrade from my 622's, Just woundered if I made a good choice. Then again HDMI was a problem with the 622 when it came out, and I never saw any of the reported bugs with my receivers guess so far I am a lucky man.

Thanks answers my questions, the 722's were a upgrade from my 622's, Just woundered if I made a good choice. Then again HDMI was a problem with the 622 when it came out, and I never saw any of the reported bugs with my receivers guess so far I am a lucky man.

The 622's seem to have the most problems, perhaps because it is an earlier model. A lot of the complaints regarding the 622 don't seem to be problems on the 722 on forward. Now the 722 and later may have some of their own bugs, but overall they are a superior experience to the 622's.

agree

I have had about a week to play with them. And I believe the 722k even has a slightly better picture. Not really sure how to qualify that but seems to have a little more pop. Response faster. DVR pretty much the same. Got the OTA mod's and dual tuner is really nice. So far just a really nice box.

The only problem you might have is the receiver losing signal on the last ota channel you were on and thinking it lost Sat signal as well. Just make sure you leave the ota tuners on a strong signal station and you will usually not have this issue. Search multi-path (?) on the forum and you will find more info on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts